• Slideshow Widget

    New Orleans A to Z : A Book of Photographs for Children

    Tuesday, December 2, 2008

    Photograph courtesy of Jennifer Zdon

    This morning, one of my oldest friends, Lauren, wrote a small blurb about Jennifer Zdon's children's book, "New Orleans A to Z". She suggested that any parents who were interested should take a closer look. As a native New Orleanian (who has two young children that are being brought up to appreciate said Crescent City roots), this children's book struck a chord in me.

    So what did I do? I purchased this book for my children within three minutes of seeing only the cover photo. Thank you, Lauren!

    Jennifer Zdon is a nationaly recognized photojournalist for the Times-Picayune in New Orleans. Having been there for ten years, she has a genuine eye for the things that make up the heart of the city. As an adult, I loved the vivid images her camera captured, and though I bought it for both of my children, I know my youngest child will more fully enjoy the colorful sights on each page as he turns through this alphabet book. When he can actually turn a page, that is.

    I suggest each and every one of you go to Blurb and see the other wonderful things they have on display. It's a fantastic resource for unique books on every topic. I even found my father a book on Ole Miss Football!

    What do you think you'll be searching for?