• Slideshow Widget

    'Nanner Bread

    Tuesday, March 3, 2009

    Y'all know you want this one.

    Canon Feb 011

    It's funny, but I'm the only one in my family who likes Banana Bread. I don't know why-it's delicious. It may be why I don't make it very often, but when it pops out of the oven, it never lasts long. Gone are the mini-chocolate chips I sometimes add (no sugar for Lent, remember?), so the only appeal for my daughter isn't even there.

    But it's a perfect bread, friends. Savory when warm, a perfectly tasty snack when at room temperature. It's great with butter, better without. It even freezes well (not that it ever makes it that far).

    Doing my best after falling off the wagon last week, I even used a sugar-less recipe. There was no difference in flavor-which was a thrill-but I'll still give you the one I usually follow as well as the sugar-free.

    Enjoy!

    Sugar-Less Banana Bread

    3/4 c. mashed bananas
    1/3 c. vegetable oil
    2 lg. eggs
    1/2 c. water
    2 c. flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. nutmeg
    1 c. chopped nuts (optional-and I usually prefer without)

    Beat together mashed banana, oil, eggs and water until creamy. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Beat well. Stir in nuts (optional). Spoon batter into oiled and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Spread batter evenly. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing


    Banana Bread

    1 1/2 c. self-rising flour
    3 bananas, mashed
    2 eggs
    1/2 stick butter
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 c. sugar
    1 c. chopped nuts (again, optional)

    Cream together butter, eggs and sugar until smooth. Add bananas and vanilla; beat well. Mix in flour. Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool completely before slicing.


    Obviously I don't always wait until it's completely cool. When I'm craving some 'nanner bread, I just have to have it!

    Do you all have a favorite baked good you just have to have straight from the oven?

    3 Responses to “'Nanner Bread”

    Sarah Danielle: Jeune Marie said...

    Mmmmm!!! Love banana bread!!

    The Southern Lady said...

    Yay! Another 'nanner lover-thank goodness. Sarah, one of these days I'd love to swap recipe's with you. You did say you love to bake, right?

    Sarah Danielle: Jeune Marie said...

    I do!! Derek has such a sweet tooth so he humors me by "taste testing" all of my recipies! Best to date has been the red velvet cupcakes! We should do a swap and post the results!