• Slideshow Widget

    Freeze Frame

    Thursday, April 30, 2009

    In something not related to the BIG BIG, now known as our possible move to Tokyo, I've been playing with our camera. It's a gorgeously big thing-very fancy-and was a gift from my brother in law. Of course, because it is gorgeous and fancy, I don't really know how to properly use it to its best advantage.

    I just point, focus on my intended targets (most often the children), and shoot.

    I'm a pretty simple girl that way.

    But this is all a-changing since I've pulled out the book that goes with the camera. There's lingo and all sorts of nice words to describe the different settings, but like I said, I'm pretty simple. I just look for symbols and move forward from there.

    So would you like to see our most recent experiements with the camera? The children were very glad to assist (as always), and there are quite a few good shots that came of this very technical process-which to most probably isn't very technical. But hey, I'm a learning girl. This is all a work in progress.

    The wee one was super precious (and drooling) as he played around, and eldest, well...I think we may have caught a glimpse of her in a few years. I thought the camera was supposed to add ten pounds, not ten years.

    Nothing fancy was done with the fancy camera, but I did go outside my comfort zone of ready, aim, fire.

    So enjoy!

    D20_3430

    D20_3383

    D20_3387

    D20_3412

    D20_3450

    D20_3437
    D20_3502
    D20_3509
    D20_3508
    D20_3507
    D20_3510

    D20_3526

    D20_3454

    D20_3455

    D20_3475

    D20_3499

    D20_3500

    3 Responses to “
    Freeze Frame

    pinkfluffydust said...

    Your children are just precious.

    High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

    Thanks for the sweet sweet comment today. I'm glad you are enjoying the series.

    Now on to more important things. Your children are beautiful! I love all of the shots. I got a Nikon D60 for Christmas and sad to say I still can't take pictures like that. I need to set home one day and read the manual!

    I just read up on your maybe move abroad and it sounds so exciting. I can't wait to see what happens.

    bojolais said...

    Your photographs are wonderful! Of course, it doesn't hurt that you have such beautiful subjects.

    FYI, there are a few very simple concepts that, once you learn them, will make portrait-taking and such much easier. If you guys want a quick starter course some time, I'll be happy to get you started in exchange for some weekend coffee!