• Slideshow Widget

    Father's Day

    Monday, June 22, 2009

    D20_5150

    "Walk a Little slower, Daddy, said a little child so small.
    I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

    Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
    So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.

    Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.
    Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.

    And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
    So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you."



    He had a very good Father's Day. Arriving home early Saturday evening, yesterday was spent lolling around with nothing to do. It was lovely.

    The wonderful Daddyhusband really enjoyed it.

    Wee one gave a wave as he relaxed in his food throne, enjoying his blueberries, yogurt, and juice.

    D20_5090

    And as you can see, his onesie proudly proclaimed his love for Daddy.

    This year beside their carefully selected cards, our children wanted to give something to their Daddy that he tries to give them every day...

    D20_5109

    He loved it.

    D20_5143

    More than that, though, was the picture book they (or eldest) helped me to put together. Dedicated with the poem "Walk a Little Slower" from above, it was a hardback filled with some of his favorite pictures of the children-and some he's never seen. I'd show you the end product (which was too precious for words), but the proud Daddy took it back to Winston-Salem.

    Instead, I'll share a few things we did in honor of this great man in our lives.

    Eldest helped makes these...

    D20_5078

    Then we made these delicious chicken breasts with veggies and tomato saucve. It's a tried and true recipe created by the mom phenom, Darby, of Fly Through my Window. Mouth-watering perfection!

    D20_5169

    Obviously this was a shot taken before the chicken was popped into the oven. But as I'm happy to share Darby's recipe-with her blessings-I'll give you a pic-tutorial tomorrow. Sound good?

    We enjoyed a nice dinner together, then gave our wee one his bath, and put him to bed. It was a calming end to a calming day-made sweeter by the dense fudginess of the brownies we prepared.

    D20_5199

    The thing that made his day a little sad was that my husband had to return to Winston-Salem later that evening.

    D20_5200

    He'll be back on Thursday, just a few days before he leaves for Tokyo for two weeks. But we did get to spend the day together celebrating all that he is.

    D20_5142

    The children love him so much, and I know how much he loves them. I see it every day, it's such a blessing.

    Happy Father's Day, honey. We love you.

    4 Responses to “
    Father's Day

    Ruth said...

    I am glad Shannon made it home for Father's Day!!!
    Please share the recipe.

    love ya

    Blair said...

    Oh, what a perfect Fathers Day! Your family is adorable. And thank you so much for your incredibly sweet comment on my blog--it totally made my day!

    Sweet Nothings said...

    I can taste those brownies from here!!

    The Lil Bee said...

    I love that globe...I think that is a perfect gift for someone who loves to travel :)