• Slideshow Widget

    Pauvre Petite

    Tuesday, June 16, 2009

    Our poor little one isn't having an easy day.

    D20_49151

    He had a small reaction to his vaccinations from yesterday and woke early this morning burning up. It's pretty normal and nothing to worry about, but you just can't help but worry when you know one of your children isn't feeling their best. I just want to snuggle him all better with doses of kisses and hugs and silly books and rhymes.

    D20_4224

    And if that doesn't do the trick, Tylenol certainly won't hurt the situation. He's been fever free since 6 this morning, thankfully. I'm praying he stays cool and comfortable as his little body heals. He's been running around, playing, eating, jabbering like he normally does. But all you have to do is look at his precious face and know he's still not quite feeling like himself.

    The discomfort will pass in a day or so, and as the weather's pretty dreary, staying home today really is the best option for us all.

    Wee one is currently napping, and with the window provided eldest and I whipped up some fettuccine alfredo for lunch. It was fantastic-both the meal and the company. She's pleased as punch we'll be vegging it today and has been the busiest one in the hearth room.

    I'm pretty sure she's planning a Harry Potter movie fest for later. Popcorn, yogurt bites, tea, and my sweet children? Sounds like a blast. I couldn't think of a better way to spend this quiet day.

    And if nothing else, we can delight in the fact that some wild rabbits have been hopping around our yard.

    brownrabbit

    Sweet, isn't he? He's been moving around our flower beds for the majority of the day. Eldest went wild when she saw him, but was good enough to reign in her desire to shout out in excitement.

    And speaking of a shout of excitement...it looks like my daughter needs my assistance in the kitchen. Apparently my young sous chef has a plan for dinner!

    Now what could she be "cooking" up?

    One Response to “
    Pauvre Petite

    Ruth said...

    I can't wait to hear what Maddy comes up with for dinner. I got her sweet thank you note yesterday. I am glad she likes the game. I saw it and still can't break the habit of Maddy must have this cute item. Just need to start finding more cute stuff for the boys. :)
    I hope Jaxs feels better soon.

    love y'all