• Slideshow Widget

    Making Fun During Nothing At All

    Monday, July 27, 2009

    I feel badly.

    You see, I understand that I've told you there are recipe's to share and adventures in pictures to see. But where are they? On my hard drive, naturally. As for what has been keeping me from fufilling my blogging promises, here's a visual hint:

    D20_6217

    D20_6263

    One might think since we are painting, removing pictures from walls, and selling/dontaing odds and ends we no longer wish to keep, our move to Tokyo is well underway.

    Unfortunately, you'd be wrong.

    The move is going to happen, don't misunderstand. The timeline, however, has caused some significant possible changes for our family. They're changes I've been praying over for hours, and they've left me angry, frustrated, and very disappointed.

    I'm an upbeat person; the optimist to my husband's realist. To experience these negative emotions all at once has been pretty overwhelming. Thank goodness for prayer and the generous ears of parents.

    I know that whatever path we choose in regards our move to Tokyo, the outcome will be positive. Getting there, however, will require more work than we expected.

    There's so much more that could be said, but if I do, there's the risk of this turning into an angry tirade. Which I don't want. I'd rather try to focus on the good that is coming from this situation because there is plenty.

    We've been making lots of time for fun with the children-not only because they're the lights of our lives, but because it does our hearts good to focus on these wonderful little souls.

    D20_6229

    I let eldest help with touch ups in the bigger rooms because she thinks it's super fun. Who am I to spoil such a notion?

    We've been playing games as well. Board games especially are our favorites.

    D20_6257

    We were able to be amused by the wee one eating his pancakes and blueberries while wearing his "blueberry" pajamas.

    D20_6247

    We even made a trip to the DQ for a classic summertime favorite: the Blizzard.

    blizzard

    I chose oreo while eldest had cookie dough. Ever the adventurous eater, the little guy wanted some as well, so I let him have a few small spoonfulls. He wasn't sure what to make of it since it was so cold, but he continued to come back asking for "Mo Mama", so I think he liked it!

    I'm glad, too, since eating icy treats are an awesome way to beat the heat in the summer.

    Today I declared a strike on Chez Quon. We've been out having fun, picking up a few necessities, and some that are not. But the nice break away has helped me to refocus and breathe a little more easily.

    It doesn't hurt that I've been with two of the most wonderful children.

    Please keep our family in your prayers over the next few weeks. Changes are a-coming, but they won't be easy ones. Considering the times, we are blessed in so many respects. My husband has a good job, we have a lovely home, we have health, love, and most importantly our Faith. I know somehwere in this mess of a move there are bigger blessings on our family's horizon.

    Patience and prayer will get us to where we want to be because God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

    One Response to “
    Making Fun During Nothing At All

    owensruth said...

    Want to come paint my house next?