• Slideshow Widget

    Why I Love...

    Wednesday, August 26, 2009

    MacKenzie-Childs.

    I know many of you may be unfamiliar with the name, so don't worry. I'm going to tell you all about it.

    MacKenzie-Childs is a New York based store that sells collections of wares for the home. It's very unique, and as described by one of the artisans, "free-spirited".

    If you need a more descriptive explanation for what they sell here is what the website declares about their flagship store:

    "This light-filled and charming store displays the complete line of MacKenzie-Childs products and delightful gifts from around the world. Serendipities await avid collectors. Stunning furniture, lighting, rugs, and tableware will make choosing the hardest part of your visit."

    In my case, that would definitely be true. I am a huge fan and avid collector of the Courtly Check enamelware. I don't have nearly as many pieces as my mother, but I have enough that I can use them daily. The tea kettle, for instance?

    D20_7446

    I use it every morning to boil the water for my coffee and when we're serving it, tea.

    And the little tumblers are just the right size for quick breakfasts on school mornings. They're perfect for little hands.

    D20_7437

    Eldest loves them. I love the practicality of them. Even my husband likes them.

    But right now I am a little infatuated with the wee one's frog enamelware set. It's called "Animal"ware and was a thoughtful baby gift from a family friend. Thank you, Mrs. Candy!

    D20_7391

    Each time our little butter bean sits down for a meal or snack, I hope at least part of the set is clean. I don't know, I just think it's pretty and fun. Even upside down in the dishwasher it looks great.

    D20_7434

    Mealtimes can be enjoyed at any age. He could care less, I'm sure-right now it's just about the food. But I imagine one day he'll think it's pretty neat to finish his food and find a picture of his froggie friend waiting for him at the bottom.

    D20_7405

    This morning I was lucky. His entire set was clean! Since he's been promoted to the table sans highchair tray and eating from plates and bowls, we go through them pretty quickly.

    D20_7407

    D20_7410

    Today's breakfast was pancakes and pears. Delicious!

    D20_7414

    Apparently, the wee one thought so, too. See him reaching for more food while still holding cheekfulls from his last bite?

    D20_7422

    What can I say? The little guy loves to eat. And personally, I think the cheerful colors make the eating experience fun for him.

    D20_7416

    And is there anything sweeter than to see the joy on your child's face?

    D20_7430

    No. I don't think so either.

    One Response to “
    Why I Love...

    Tamstyles said...

    he is a doll...just as cute as he can be...