• Slideshow Widget

    The Autumn House Part One

    Friday, September 18, 2009

    It is a very good day. Eldest has the day off and husband is returning home TOMORROW!!!

    Can you sense the excitement in my voice? Erm...typing? We are thrilled to bits. You'll understand if I take a mini-blog vacation, won't you? There's lots of catching up, snuggling, kissing, and stories to hear. And of course, there will be plenty of shop talk as well.

    Blah.

    To tide you over until this Southern Lady returns next week, I'll "leaf" you with the first installment of our fall decorations. We've been working away at celebrating this season when there's free time. Eldest has dubbed the series: The Autumn House.

    So enjoy!

    Fall Arrangement

    Using a combination of Target and Wal-Mart bought pumpkins (some real, others not so much), we clumped them together in a simple arrangement atop our buffet in the dining room.

    Pumpkins3

    You can tell which is which when you get up close, but they still look really nice together. The rich oranges, the warm whites, and then my absolute favorites-

    Tiger Stripe

    the Tiger Stripes pumpkins. I've never seen them before, but Wal-Mart was selling an entire crate full. They're just gorgeous!

    Pumpkins

    The mottling of the white on orange mixed with green hues...nature at its best. And of course, eldest loves anything to do with tigers, so it was a given that we had to get a few.



    As October gets a little closer and Halloween beckons I was thinking about adding moss inbetween the little pumpkins-dress it up a little. But for now,

    Fall Arrangement

    simplicity reigns supreme! Stay tuned for Part Two of The Autumn House: Outdoor Decor.

    Have a lovely weekend, all. My reunited family most certainly will.

    7 Responses to “
    The Autumn House Part One

    Elizabeth said...

    So pretty! We are getting settled now with the moving.....now I'm wanting to get the fall decor out. I'm loving this weather

    The Southern Lady said...

    Thanks so much, Elizabeth! I've been thinking about you and your family alot-checking your blog to make sure I didn't miss anything.

    Welcome back to blogland!

    owensruth said...

    Looks great! You are so creative. I have been waiting for 13 years for some of it to rub off on me but it hasn't happened yet. :)

    Mrs. Cozy Home said...

    Beautiful!! Can't tell at all which are real and which aren't!

    The Southern Lady said...

    Ruth, that is so kind. I'll be honest, though, nothing I do comes naturally. I have to work at it, but it's always so much fun and my main trick is to keep everything very simple.

    The Southern Lady said...

    Really? You can't tell? Thanks for that!

    the southern hostess said...

    Love all these pumpkins! Your blog is great!