• Slideshow Widget

    Husband

    Tuesday, October 27, 2009

    How is he doing? Very well.

    He's been out with co-workers, met up with old friends from work as they've traveled through Tokyo, eaten a bit more adventurously. Horse neck anyone?

    The Tokyo office is working him very hard, and obviously he's pretty lonely as we're across the ocean from one another. But this week is particularly big for my husband and I.

    For one, he'll be moving into our Tokyo homestead this week-to be specific, he'll be moving in on Friday.

    Park Habio Azabu

    Friday is a very special day for us both.

    The apartment is ready, but our furniture isn't, so he'll be enjoying the comforts of extra rented furniture until it is. Our curtains should be ready though, and that's pretty cool. Have I shown you all the fabric for the Master suite? Here's a sample sent from husband's camera.

    Tweed Drape Fabric

    And here's an image of the apartment's general palate: browns, greys, and taupe's.

    Colo Palate

    The fabric we chose is a lovely brown tweed and makes me feel cozy just looking at it! I'm pretty sure it's the only curtains we decided on (since colors don't always translate well through camera's). Maybe at Christmas we'll come to a decision about the living areas. Something with a good pop of color.

    I'm thinking...green.

    For now, though, let me get back to the special day we're sharing this week. We may be thousands of miles apart, but we're still joined by October 30th, the day we took our vows and became husband and wife.

    Beat the Tigers!

    Ten years ago.

    Oh You're So Cute!

    That's right, all! My husband and I are celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary this Friday and we are both so happy. Not so much with the circumstances and distance, but with the great blessing of a wonderful marriage.

    We've been very fortunate.

    Ten years ago we shared one of the most joyous days with our dearest friends, close family, a world championship choir, and many others who contributed to making our wedding a true celebration of life, love, and commitment.

    Bride and Maids

    There were plans we'd both thought about for this monumental day. But as they're not to be, it really has put the focus on each other and what we're celebrating, and not so much on the gifts we'd planned on giving.

    And really, I think that's what we are supposed to be celebrating-ourselves, our hard work, our love.

    Hug

    Did I mention celebrating the fun and silly times as well?

    Striking a Pose

    I only love my husband that much more when he sends me a reminder from Tokyo that last week was our eleven year dating anniversary.

    Boy, do I love him. I miss him. I thank God for him every day.

    Friday will be a special post with wedding pictures-something I've rarely shared, but am appreciating more than I usually do.

    Up Above

    I can't wait to share one of our most wonderful days with you all.

    See you on Friday!

    4 Responses to “
    Husband

    Julie Hoover said...

    I am just LOVING these pictures. Your wedding remains one of the top 3 weddings that I've been to. It was just so beautiful and it didn't hurt that it was Liz's 21st birthday. LOL! Two twins, dressed identically down to make up, hitting up the bar on their 21st birthday makes for a very confused bartender.

    I don't know what you're up to on Sunday/Monday while we're in Concord but I'd love to see you and meet Jackson! I'd invite Madeline to go to the Great Wolf Lodge with Mr. G, Alex and Collin but I'm worried that the boys would be boys....even though they know her. Anyway, I'd love to see you before you leave the country!!

    Ruth said...

    I still can't beleive it has been 10 years or will be shortly.
    Boy do we look so young in those photos.

    I am so excited for you and Shannon

    love
    R

    Sarah - La Jeune Marie said...

    Wow, you were a STUNNING bride! Your husband is a lucky man. To many more years of wedded bliss!Mazel Tov!

    Lori Ellen said...

    As a member of the world championship choir who was there, I say congrats. We had our 10th this year too. I can't believe that one either. Love the pics. Y'all look like BABIES!!!