• Slideshow Widget

    The Final Soccer Saturday

    Tuesday, November 10, 2009

    D20_0101

    This past Saturday was eldest's final game for the soccer season.

    D20_0107

    I'm happy to say they emerged victorious...

    Victory

    As did I. The wee one sat down for 45 minutes straight.

    He's DOWN!!!

    That's three quarters, if you're interested. I think he was taking pity on me for this last game, sweet bebe.

    As always, the girls of both teams showed true sportsmanlike behavior as they "walked the line" and congratulated each other.

    D20_0144

    It was a nice way to end the season.

    Slapping Some Skin

    So was eldest seeing her best friend (who also had a game on a nearby field).

    D20_0139

    But today brings a new challenge: the soccer tournament. Eldest's team has a great chance at taking this all the way, but they're going to have to play several days in a row, managing high-energy on the field, as well as off.

    Why? Because our brilliant League officials decided to host this tournament during the school week. A very busy school week despite its brevity.

    Le sigh.

    These people don't have children. I'm sure of it.

    But enough of that and the other headaches that have come with this tournament. I want to focus on the great season eldest has had. Her Daddy and I are very proud of her and there are times words just can't express how great that pride and love is.

    We let the wee butterbean do that for us. He's so much better at being loud and expressive these days.

    Now without further ado, I give you "Eldest in Motion".

    D20_0127

    D20_0128

    D20_0129

    D20_0126

    D20_0125

    D20_0124

    D20_0123

    Eldest thanks you for your support and cheering along with the rest of us during this great season with the Carolina Peanuts. Go Blue! Bring home that championship!

    D20_0113

    3 Responses to “
    The Final Soccer Saturday

    Ruth said...

    Way to go Peanuts! I am so proud and excited for them. I can't wait to hear how the tournament goes.
    I am also totally shocked Jaxs sat for so long. But very glad you had the chance to watch the game

    Sweet Simplicity said...

    Your camera takes amazing photos!!! I got into Mother's so easily because I was there right around the time they opened both mornings--7 a.m.
    I hope you all have a great trip back there for Thanksgiving!

    sara said...

    So...I just stumbled upon your blog, after I noticed I had several hits from it on my live traffic feed! So cute! Your children are precious, your photos are fantastic, and your life is obviously divine. Thanks for checking my blog out, I'm definitely adding yours as one of my favorites!

    p.s. What kind of camera do you use? I'm assuming it is a DSLR..do you mind me asking what lens you typically use?