• Slideshow Widget

    Grey Skies Are Gonna Clear Up...

    Friday, November 13, 2009

    Put on a happy face!

    Friday has arrived, darling ones, and with it has come the sun! Blue skies! Fluffy white clouds and cool breezes!

    Very cool, in fact. It's heavy sweater weather.

    D20_9874

    This morning we were all shouting to the Lord with joy. Peaking out from behind the morning clouds were rays of light.

    Jackson Happy

    We do understand the necessity for rain and we appreciate it, but being cooped up for several days in a row can become trying. The wee one was so happy to see his friend, the sun, and eldest cannot wait to get outside for recess.

    Thank goodness the rain has finally passed.

    D20_9575

    It's Fall in its prime and we Blossoms have much to do in this last week before Thanksgiving holidays. Why?

    Because my parents have been generous enough to fly us home to my hometown of New Orleans for Thanksgiving next weekend. We are so excited!

    I'll go ahead and answer the question that's probably on the tip of your tongue: yes, it will take me this entire week to pull everything together and get the house in order before our departure.

    It will also be the wee one's first ride on an airplane, and I'm crossing my fingers he enjoys it as much as his sister. We'll see, won't we?

    Just over an hour isn't much to worry about. It's that 22 hour flight to Tokyo that has me a bit concerned.

    But there's time to fret over that later.

    Right now I'm simply trying to work out the logistics of getting the children-one in a stroller-and two suitcases from long-term parking to the actual check-in at the airport by myself. Hmmm.

    D20_4715

    Yes. That's kind of how I'm feeling about it right now. Stumped.

    Again, all in good time. It will be another adventure that the children and I have together and chances are, will likely result in some sort of Griswold-esque hilarity.

    Today I'm focusing on getting the wee one outside for a good while to play, prepping the pasta lasagna for dinner, and waiting to see if in fact the soccer tournament has been rescheduled for 8 AM tomorrow morning.

    Early, true, but if nothing else, the day will be gorgeous. A very nice payoff from the rain we've had.

    I can't complain about that.

    Enjoy your Friday everyone! I am off to enjoy another cup of hot, delicious Cafe du Monde. Just one week until I can have it in the actual cafe.

    I cannot wait!

    One Response to “
    Grey Skies Are Gonna Clear Up...

    Elizabeth said...

    wow, when i read you are flying home for thanksgiving next week, i asked myself is that really next week? where does time go?

    hope you have a safe flight