• Slideshow Widget

    And Now For Something Unrelated To The Holidays

    Sunday, December 27, 2009

    I don't know about you, but I love a good cupcake.

    D20_1964

    Really, really love a good cupcake.

    Last year I found a somewhat secret delight in Starbuck's red velvet cupcakes, but was always disappointed by how quickly they sold out and how small their supply was. I suppose these cupcakes weren't a secret for other Charlotteans.

    D20_1969

    Last night as we were trying to get our energy up before a rousing game of Domino's, I went to our neighborhood store to grab coffee for a few of us. Guess what poster was hanging high under a display light?

    If you guessed the return of the cupcake trio, you'd be correct!

    They weren't supposed to be on sale for another 24 hours, but I knew the girls working and figured it would hurt to ask, so...

    I asked, they said yes, and I left the store with not only coffees for my lovely parents, but four heavenly red velvet cupcakes that were good to the

    D20_1962

    very

    D20_1988

    last

    D20_1991

    bite.

    Bite

    We may not have ended up playing our Domino game, but I still enjoyed the sweet taste of my own victory.

    I suggest you run out and kindly ask your neighborhood baristas for some cupcakes before they run out! Rumor has it that they have vanilla and chocolate as well, though the southern girl in me completely favors the red velvet.

    Indulge your sweet tooth in this season of sugarplum faries with a tall glass of milk or a nice cup of coffee.

    Cheers!

    4 Responses to “
    And Now For Something Unrelated To The Holidays

    Ruth said...

    Yummo!!!
    When you said game night I wondered if it would be dominos or Maddy's gift. :)

    Mrs. Cozy Home said...

    Oh wow, I have to go find those now!!!

    Thanks for all your fantastic posts this year, I've loved following your blog, can't wait to see what's to come!!

    Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2010!!

    Mrs. Cozy Home

    Southern Aspirations said...

    They do like quite delish! I too am a big fan or GOOD cupcakes. Sadly, many out there are pretty, but not necessarily tasty. ;-)

    Ruth said...

    This is a dangerous post. I couldn't get them out of my mind and had to go get one during lunch. ;) And it was so yummy