• Slideshow Widget

    Christmas Tea

    Tuesday, December 22, 2009

    I have a few things on my mind, most concerning family. Even with the distance, I have really felt the closeness of my own this past year. Sounds funny, doesn't it? Maybe there's something to the adage of distance making the heart grow fonder.

    Today one half of our family is flying to Mississippi. Eldest and husband will be representing our family of four at his grandfather's funeral. I'm glad they can be there. Goon Goon had a very full life, one we were lucky to be a part of-even if it was a small part. I wish we could all be there, but since we can't, our prayers and warmest thoughts are with our extended family.

    Tonight as eldest and Husband settle in with family and my parents pack, preparing for tomorrow's arrival, I plan to make a pot of tea. Once bebe is asleep, it will be a nice, quiet time to reflect. Whether it's on family, our move, school, it will all revolve around what has made this year so special and the blessings of the new year ahead.

    My cup does runneth over, and for that, I say a prayer of thanks.

    Right now, however, I'd like to share with y'all another tea-one from this past Thanksgiving that my mother, eldest, and I enjoyed at Windsor Court. The lighting in Le Salon is dim for the purpose of creating a quiet atmosphere. I hope these pictures make you feel as cozy as we did on the day we delighted in High Tea together.

    Enjoy.

    D20_1185

    D20_1174

    D20_1179

    Ruffled Linens

    Tea Pots

    Sugar Sugar

    D20_1147

    Mother and Daughter

    D20_1119

    D20_1146

    D20_1151

    Champagne

    At your Service

    D20_1111

    D20_1109

    D20_1106

    D20_1104

    Sandwhiches

    5 Responses to “
    Christmas Tea

    Mrs. Cozy Home said...

    What a wonderful place!!! Your daughter must have felt so special...

    Ruth said...

    Enjoy your evening.

    I love how it is decorated for Christmas. And the tea cups are beautiful

    JMW said...

    What beautiful photos! And, what a wonderful tradition - tea with three generations of family. I can't wait to do that with my daughter. BTW, you asked on my blog where in North Carolina we were traveling - it was Charlotte. Hubby's family is there. The neighborhoods there are gorgeous, aren't they? Happy Holidays!

    paula said...

    oh, what fun. i would love to do something like this with Ellie when she's a bit older. Have a Merry Christmas.

    Southern Aspirations said...

    Oh I love this outing! Seriously, when it comes time for me to have children, I want to reach out to you for guidance! Great photos and what a very memorable time.

    Thinking of you as your family is apart!