• Slideshow Widget

    OMG

    Monday, June 7, 2010

    Right now? This is the most adequate way to express what's going on in my head.

    You should see my plate. It's overflowing onto the next one, and the next one, and the next one...

    It's a never ending fun-fest of too much to do in very little time. Such is life when one is moving abroad with their entire family, no?

    I'm distracting myself with the great parts of this entire situation:

    My husband is home! Yes, he was kind enough to jump right back in before we went out shopping.

    D20_7613

    He brought gifts from his travels through Japan and Europe: lovely scarves from Tokyo which are all the rage,

    D20_7617

    and fun and stylish Longchamp's bags from London and Paris.

    D20_7623

    He may have hinted there are more waiting for us in Tokyo (which I strongly suspect are for the children).

    The fact that people have been stopping by still to purchase things from our home both tickles and annoys me. I'm happy to see things go to new homes, but it does cut into my "sorting out the full plates" time.

    I suppose this does, too, but it's so much more cathartic than waiting on someone who may or may not show up to peruse your items for sale.

    Well, friends, this may be the last time you hear from me for a while. At the very least until we're in Tokyo. I may have time later in the week once we're settled in our hotel, but it wouldn't be fair to make any promises.

    If y'all will keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we make our way through these next seven days we'd all appreciate it.

    It's going to be one heck of a wild ride.

    See you on the other side of the world!

    6 Responses to “
    OMG

    Mrs. Cozy Home said...

    Best of luck in your move, looking forward to reports from your new home!

    Anonymous said...

    I am so excited for you! I've never commented before, but I'm a 20 year old girl from Belgium. I wish you a safe trip. I can't imagine the stress you must be going through right now, but in a couple of weeks you will be settled in and ready to embark on a great adventure. Lot's of love, Sofie V.

    Heather said...

    Good luck on your adventure!

    Ruth said...

    cute gifts. and even cuter shot of my nephew. :)

    safe travels

    sara said...

    Lots of activity going on at your household, that's for sure! So happy that your husband is there with you to help (and what great taste he has!). Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    Elizabeth said...

    what an adventure! hang in there and best of luck