• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Sunday

    Sunday, June 13, 2010

    Though it's actually Monday morning here in Tokyo, I couldn't very well let a weekend pass in the States without a "Simply Southern" entry, could I? I know it's Sunday where the majority of my family and friends are, so today will be a one time occurrence: Simply Southern Sunday.

    D20_7834

    Needless to say, we arrived in our new home safe and sound. I may have caught a cold, and the hours may have been long (a 14 hour flight plus a bus and taxi ride),

    D20_7831

    but we arrived in our beautiful high rise apartment, so incredibly happy to be together.

    D20_7841

    Not surprisingly, eldest did beautifully on the flights, but the wee one shocked us all with how well he did! Asking a nearly 2 year old to behave and somewhat still for 15 hours is a nearly impossible thing. But for the most part, he really controlled his normal exuberant and very active self.

    Huge praises!!

    D20_7850

    This little McCarty's pig on our dining room buffet is also praise-worthy. It's a reminder of home, the South, and of the things that will bring us comfort in our lives abroad. But it's also a gentle nod to all of the new and exciting things we're going to experience.

    I cannot wait to share each wonderful, amusing, disappointing, and sometime scary moments with you all.

    Until then, I'm off to prepare for some little scallywag's second birthday with a Starbucks in hand, family at my side, and a heart filled with the highest of hopes for the years ahead.

    Cheers y'all!

    3 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Sunday

    Ruth said...

    Glad you arrived safely. I love seeing that smile on my sweet nieces face

    Mrs. Cozy Home said...

    So glad you and your family arrived safely, and great to get a sneak peek of your exciting new digs!!

    Laurie said...

    Congratulations on your new journey! I know I don't comment often (or at all!) but I do keep up with your blog, Beautiful Lady! I truly loved Tokyo and was fortunate enough to have visited during cherry blossoms last spring! I know your family will adjust well before you know it and enjoy the new journey that has presented itself to you!