• Slideshow Widget

    Thank You!

    Thursday, August 5, 2010

    I'm a bit embarrassed, and you'll soon learn, very late in thanking two very wonderful women. A few weekends ago, my dear friend, sister, aunt to my children, and now fellow blogger, Ruth, gave me a blogger award called the Honest Scrap.

    You need to read Ruth's blog This G.R.I.T.S. Tale. She always has great, quick recipes to share with the blogosphere. One you just need to try out on these sweltering days? Her white strawberry sangria. It's so refreshing! Try it with one of her new meals for the grill~you'll thank her for it!

    honest-scrap-award

    As many of you know, along with this award comes a fun little challenge: to reveal ten truths about yourself. They can be things people know, things you normally wouldn't share, or silly little factoids you think others might enjoy learning about you.

    Since this is supposed to be a fun exercise in honesty, I decided to do a combination of each. Enjoy!

    Ten Simple Truths

    1.)I'm a New Orleans girl born and raised, yet it wasn't until college that I even ventured onto Bourbon Street at night. Yes, I was a total stick in the Mississippi mud.

    2.)I was born on February 15th.

    3.)I was originally to be christened Lauren Elizabeth, but one of my mother's friends, who was also pregnant with a little girl at the time, stole the name when she gave birth three weeks before my mother. It was scandalous!

    4.)I love N'awlins dawlin.

    5.)My favorite books are thrillers and suspense.

    6.)I still love reading Nancy Drew and sometimes think I could solve crimes looking just as fabulous as her, while being perky, kind, and saving puppies.

    7.)I love my Ole Miss Rebels, but I won't be disappointed if my children don't want to attend my alma mater.

    8.)I spent most of my childhood summers traveling around the world with my parents.

    9.)I love coffee.

    10.) I don't have a favorite color, but if you asked me right now what I'm favoring, it would be orange. I love how warm and delicious this color looks. It makes me think of Fall as well, and who isn't ready for cooler weather to get here?

    Maria, a fellow Mom blogger who once lived in Okinawa with her Marine husband and darling son, also awarded me last week with the Versatile Blogger Award. Maria constantly inspires me with her creative and inexpensive ways to spruce up the home. You really should check out her DIY roman shade tutorial. It's easy and a great way to make your windows look super stylish.

    Visit with Maria at her blog John's Journal. You'll learn how her husband is currently in training to fly the President around and about!

    Versatile Blogger Award

    Here's how this particular award works:
    1. Thank whoever gave you the award.
    2. Tell 7 things about yourself readers might not know
    3. Pay it forward by nominating other bloggers!

    Thank you, Maria, for thinking of me when handing out this award. I'm tickled and touched to be included on your list.

    1.)I had a younger brother who passed away at the age of four due to brain cancer. It makes the relationship between eldest and the wee one that much more important to me.

    2.)I was a vocal performance major in college.

    3.)My major, along with being part of a wonderful choir, The University of Mississippi Concert Singers, afforded me the opportunity to perform at the Kennedy Center, Carnegie Hall, and other various halls around the world.

    4.)I once had three ear piercings in each ear.

    5.)I'm related to Catherine the Great and one of my father's ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence.

    6.)I love the Christmas Tea at Windsor Court in New Orleans. Should you ever have the chance-whatever the time of year-you should go.

    7.)I loved performing on stage, but could never do it competitively. I didn't like what it brought out in most people.

    Happily, I tag these wonderful people with this blogging award:

    Ruth of This G.R.I.T.S. Tale

    Erin of Blye-Eyed Bride

    Sarah of Jeune Marie

    Alison of My Little Happy Place

    Sara of Southern Comfort

    Congratulations, girls! Y'all always bring a smile to my face and a song to my heart. I enjoy reading through your blogs and appreciate all you choose to share.

    A happy weekend to you all!

    One Response to “
    Thank You!

    Ruth said...

    Thanks! I will work on posting about it.