• Slideshow Widget

    Thoughts In A Tizzy

    Sunday, August 1, 2010

    I know the expression "I'm all in a tizzy". I've even heard "my mind's in a tizzy", but it isn't. It's the random (and sometimes silly) thoughts running through it that are.

    Should I share? Feel free to laugh, poke fun of, and say, "Oh, Beth." I know I would!

    ~The heat and humidity in Tokyo are identical to those of New Orleans. It's so funny! Not so much: you'd think after growing up there I'd remember what that meant for my hair-but no. I forgot that I go from styled and straight to curly and frizzy in less than 30 seconds. Think Sigourney Weaver in "Ghostbusters", but a little less curl. Hot, right?

    ~I'm very thankful for the friends I've made in Tokyo. They're great, good people.

    ~I really can't believe it's August first. Where has the summer gone? Have we walked out way right through it? Eldest has one month more before September first, the day she begins school. Goodness the time has flown!

    ~The wee one has decided that he doesn't want to wear his all-in-one pj's anymore. For days he's been asking to take them off the moment he woke up. "A shirt," he'd request in his sweetest, most chirpy voice.

    D20_8692

    Now it's happened that after his bath and before bed, he no longer wants to put on the pj's. Period. He wants "a shirt en pants, peeze". The scallywag is modeling himself after his pj clad Daddy-which would be great if we had more shirt and pj pant outfits. But we don't. Problem!

    D20_8718

    ~Tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day! Our sea shipment arrives and with it come so many wonderful goodies we've all been waiting for: our crock-pot, books, DVD's, more books, winter clothes, shoes, and bags. Most importantly (and quite selfishly) my Cafe du Monde. Honestly, I've been doing fine without it, but I think things will be so much nicer in the mornings once it's here!

    ~I need to set some personal goals for myself; a list of things I want to accomplish and here's the hard part-sticking to it. There is a lack of direction in my life lately and it's making me a little nuts. I need to do something outside of being "Mom" and "Wife". I love being both, but find myself so focused on those two roles that I'm letting who I am fall behind.

    ~I want to go on a trip this year.

    ~Did I mention our books arrive tomorrow? Yes. We're a family of bookworms. It's a very cool thing to be.

    ~We discovered another little bakery that has donuts that taste almost like the beignets from Cafe du Monde. They're incredibly good. Heat them up in the microwave and sprinkle a little powdered sugar on them and I bet they'll taste exactly like them!

    ~We really need to stop discovering little bakeries.

    ~I think I'm going to curl up with a scary movie tomorrow night. I really enjoy thrillers and films that make you jump out of your seat. Oodles of suspense, not gore, is the difference between a well-made thriller and a poorly-made one.

    ~Maybe I'll watch Nancy Drew with Eldest instead.

    ~The children need kimono's. You can't live in Japan and not have a kimono. It's kind of like living in New Orleans and not having spare Mardi Gras beads strewn around your home. They don't have to be the custom made ones. We can wait until our tour is near its end to invest in those. For now, the simple cotton ones will do. And they'll be so darn adorable!

    ~Why is my hair still curling? I'm inside and it's cold!

    ~Celebrity fragrances. Seriously. Why? It doesn't matter to me what your favorite smell is or, even more nausea-inducing, what you smell like. If you're a singer, sing. If you're an actor, act. Please stop trying to cover the planet with a cloud of your cloying perfumes and colognes. The ozone layer and my sensitive nose thank you for your time.

    ~After re-reading my list, I've seen many references to New Orleans. I can only imagine why! I do miss my home city.

    ~I really want to have a cup of coffee and chicory. Just a few more hours...

    ~We enjoyed two very nice dinners this weekend: one with just Husband, myself, and our friends, and one family dinner involving Indian cuisine. Shocker: the children loved the curries. The wee one, all right, it wasn't too shocking that he ate the butter chicken and his other curry. That eldest ate it-and enjoyed it-thrills me to bits. Their lassies were absolutely delicious also, just FYI.

    dinner

    ~We all want summer to last a bit longer, but knowing my favorite shows return for their new seasons beginning in September kind of makes me want it to hurry up already! Bring back my shows!

    1Sheet_Master.qxd

    Love-Sucks-Poster-the-vampire-diaries

    glee1

    castle-dvd-cover

    What random thoughts do you have running through your heads these days?

    2 Responses to “
    Thoughts In A Tizzy

    Ruth said...

    I can't wait for the fall season too.
    There are so many things running through my head. we shall talk a bit tonight about those. :)

    Sarah - La Jeune Marie said...

    Random thoughts...
    1. What hotel are we going to stay in for our fall NYC trip?
    2. Missing Glee & Gossip Girls
    3. Should I take a cooking class?
    The mind wonders... :)