• Slideshow Widget

    Farmer Scallywag Has Something He'd Like To Talk About

    Thursday, October 14, 2010

    D20_0651

    Hey y'all! I'm the scallywag, better known as Farmer Scallywag today because of my outfit. Oh, Mama.

    I guess you're wondering why I'm talking to you today, and not my Mama. Like she has other things to do, right?

    Actually I'm here for a pretty simple reason: I want to talk about food.

    I think about it pretty often; begging my family for it when they're eating and I'm not. When I was a baby, my Mama used to call me a bottomless pit (or something like that). My appetite has changed as I've gotten bigger and I don't eat as much, so it's good thing I'm not a picky eater.

    I love me some good grub and I eat it well.

    Did you know Fall is a great time to eat good, hearty meals? I keep hearing this so I have to ask y'all if it's true. I hear they'll keep you filled with energy so you can play all day, then help you sleep better at night.

    Or maybe you sleep better at night because you're playing all day...hmm. I am a pretty busy guy.

    D20_0661

    I guess I'll have to think about that one.

    Either way, I'm really lucky because both of my parents fix my sister and me yummy meals.

    So here are some thoughts from your friendly neighborhood Farmer Scallywag about this particular subject.

    Meat. I really love this stuff. For this reason alone I think you should always eat your meats. It helps little guys like me grow to be big and strong.

    You know, more big and strong than I already am.

    My Mama makes a great chicken with balsamic vinaigrette.


    D20_0413

    Your grains, dairy, and veggies are super important, so you should eat plenty of those, too.

    D20_0386

    Mama makes great pasta dishes! I've only started to like them, though. I never liked rices and noodles before we moved to Japan. Now I love them!

    Sometimes.

    Now, I don't know about your Mama, but my Mama says that if it's chilly outside, you need to eat something nice and warm. It makes you feel like you're wearing a coat on the inside. I'm not sure what she means when she says that, but it always warms my tummy and puts a smile on my face. This warm food on chilly days thing really works for me.

    My Daddy makes a delicious potato and corn chowder. It was so good it actually disappeared after one night!


    D20_0529

    It was like magic...kind of like breakfast. You need to make sure you eat breakfast each and every day, or so says Mama. It's said the most important meal but I beg to disagree. EVERY MEAL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT (or maybe that's just my tummy talking).

    Still, breakfast is sort of special. It helps silly, energetic children like me get going at the crack of dawn. Seriously. At the crack of dawn. Just ask my Mama and Daddy.


    D20_0537

    And if french toast won't get you to sit down at your table, nothing much else will. Maybe my Mama will share her recipe for pain perdu with you all.

    What do you think, Mama? Will you share, please?


    D20_0654

    You know what, bebe, after that truly amusing narrative and good manners I think I will!

    Stay tuned...

    3 Responses to “
    Farmer Scallywag Has Something He'd Like To Talk About

    Ruth said...

    My sweet eldest nephew so good to hear from you. While you are at it getting Mommy to share a recipe what about talking Daddy into sharing his potato and corn chowder recipe.

    Love
    Aunt Ruth

    Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

    Mmmm! Looks like some yummy treats! Would love the soup recipe.

    Lauren H. Edmondson said...

    Your little farmer's outfit it TOO amazing! My husband & I are expecting our first son Feb. 26th and both our granddaddy's are farmers, I would love to have a precious outfit like that for our little man, where did you get it!?