• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Friday, October 1, 2010

    I understand there were a few disappointed friends out there as I've been M.I.A. lately-particularly for last weekend's installation of "Simply Southern Saturdays".

    Apologies all! You'll be happy to know that Fall received my letter yesterday and apparently agreed with all I had to say. He's been simply glorious and well-behaved since then!

    It's made eating these lovely morsels with the children more enjoyable.

    D20_0169

    We used to eat them all the time around the holidays when we were still in Charlotte and Memphis. Though I don't recall this particular wrapping on them, having holiday Kisses spread around the apartment in beautiful bowls makes for a nice-and delicious-reminder of our sweet home.

    Something else that has had my thoughts on home?

    Southern Living and its September issue.

    southernliving

    I'm a bit behind, I know, but this is the downside to living outside of the US. I get things a little later than everyone else. No biggie! It gives me so much more to look forward to.

    The September issue spoke to me personally, as if it knew I was in need of some reminders of how magical the South is.

    As if anyone really needs a reminder, right?

    25 Traditions to Cherish and Celebrate

    1.) Welcome friends with a beautiful table

    2.) Enjoy the blues

    3.) Write a charming thank you note

    4.) Savor Savannah

    5) Build with barn wood

    6.) Smoke like a pitmaster

    7.) Keep it sweet

    8.) Float a river

    9.) Put up pickled okra

    10.) Do the Texas two-step

    11.) Do the Carolina Shag

    12.) Do the Appalachia flatfoot

    13.) Rediscover Mr. Faulkner

    14.) Celebrate small-town mayors

    15.) Grow an heirloom bounty

    16.) Gather 'round at Galatoire's

    17.) Bring back old-fashioned storytelling

    18.) Plant your family's tree

    19.) Pass along your garden's best

    20.) Visit the shrimp docks

    21.) Catch a break in Music City

    22.) Make a pie crust

    23.) Make a perfect apple pie

    24.) Honor the queen

    25.) Count your blessings


    Needless to say there are infinite reason to love your home~for me and mine, this means the South in particular. This list just happened to name a few. For those of you living or who have visited the South, I'm sure you could add a few more!

    Feel free to tell me all about them.

    For now, I'm going to indulge in a pumpkin & milk bun with the scallywag, enjoy this delightful October weather with my family, and continue on little projects around the homestead.

    D20_0242

    D20_0181

    D20_0184

    Have a delightful weekend, all!!

    One Response to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Ruth said...

    I savored Savannah in September but I have yet to read my September issue of Southern Living.