• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Saturday, October 16, 2010

    If there's one thing that reminds me of home during the Fall, it's football. Even though we didn't live close to Ole Miss or New Orleans while in Charlotte, the teams came to our house every weekend, and on an occasional weeknight.

    We were always well-stocked and prepared!

    Now that we live in Japan, football isn't exactly the sport of choice...unless you attend an American-based school that has a football team.

    D20_0724

    Eldest just happens to, so can you guess what we were up to this afternoon?

    D20_0695

    Today was ASIJ's Homecoming and Spirit Day. We were all in attendance~with about every other family at the school~to cheer on our Mighty Mustangs!

    I'll do a more in depth blog about the rest of Spirit Day later. For now I have to tell y'all about the most delicious, wonderful thing that awaited us at ASIJ's homecoming...here's a hint:

    It rhymes with Brispy Breme Bonuts...

    D20_0686

    Any guesses?

    D20_0677

    Mock me if you will, but once you've been without real donuts-as in the best on the face of the planet donuts-you may go to some interesting extremes once you find some.

    We may or may not have done such a thing.

    D20_0763

    Any guess as to how many of this dozen are left as I type?

    Winner gets to wish they had a Krispy Kreme!

    A happy, Krispy Saturday evening to you all. I'll see y'all when I come down from this sugar high.

    8 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays

    JMW said...

    Ah, Krispy Kreme - my granpa used to take me there to get some amazing donuts! How great that you can enjoy some great pastimes from home at your daughter's school. Enjoy football season! (Cheer for my Kentuck Wildcats today - they take on South Carolina, who beat #1 Alabama last week. Hopefully, they're worn out after that game. :)

    Ruth said...

    I am going to bet none.

    I will take a Shipley's dougnut any day over Krispy Kreme now.

    The Southern Lady said...

    JMW~I love that you had such a special tradition with your Granpa! It's very *sweet*. Ok, sorry for the bad pun, but it couldn't be helped. It is nice to have some American pastimes, though I have to say the Tide is giving us a vicious beating today. The Rebels are not having a banner season at all.

    Ruth~Honey, I love me some Shipley's, but as KK is all we have here, and they are fabulous, I'll take them!

    Farmchick said...

    I love a Krispy Kreme fresh off of the line. Yum!

    Suburban Princess said...

    Morning! Thanks for visiting my blog! I was just reading through yours and added you to my faves.

    It's funny thinking about what isn't available in different places - it's impossible to find bento supplies in this part of the world lol!

    Cindy said...

    YUM!! Love Krispy Kreme!

    Leah said...

    Oh I really want a krispy kreme now!!! Yum!!

    Luvs!

    Croatian_Latina said...

    I remember quite well Krispy Kremes from Denver!

    but growing up in Texas it was southern Maid, every saturday my Mom would go thru their small drive-thru and ask for a dozen of their one-day old donuts, (for us as kids this was a special treat!)

    happy to be reading about your adventures living abroad!