• Slideshow Widget

    30 for 30: Day Seven

    Sunday, November 14, 2010

    Friends, I'd like you to meet our rented coffee table.

    coffeetableevil2

    Rented coffee table, friends. Friends, future kindling.

    Oh, yes, there is a deliciously wicked story here and I am going to share. First, a little recap.

    You remember how I'd mentioned last week was both tiring and trying? My little guy had been experiencing some pretty rough days (more than likely caused by his two year molars) and it was pretty hard all around. On Friday, Husband was generous enough to offer to take both children to Eldest's final soccer tournament and let me have a day of rest.

    Did I want to miss my daughter's soccer games? No. But did I need to rest? Yes.

    I was still torn about it Saturday morning as both children were getting dressed. And when I was moving around to grab Eldest's things, preparing to say I was going with them, the rented coffee table took me out.

    And when I say it took me out, I mean it leaped out of nowhere, grabbed the last two toes on my left foot, and yanked them to the side. Hard.

    There may have been a snapping noise. I may have started swearing in tongues. I most definitely threatened to chop it into little pieces-slowly-then feed it to a fire.

    Or not. I'm not sure due to the enormous amount of pain I was in. Maybe I imagined the threat.

    Long story short: I did not get to go to the soccer game, nor did I get a day of rest. Thankfully, I didn't break anything either. Silver lining, friends. It's there.

    It's just a very bad sprain which makes moving around...difficult.

    Taking a "30 for 30" picture? So much easier!

    How was that for a segue?

    D20_1476

    Thank goodness I'm good at balancing on one foot.

    Due to the fact that I can't wear shoes quite yet, these lovely pictures by Eldest were taken off of our dining area.

    D20_1485

    The lighting isn't the best, and I have bare feet, so I hope you don't mind. It may not bother you, but bare feet...it's just not my thing.

    I suppose I should title this: "What to wear when furniture attacks".

    D20_1469

    The first, and I suppose only rule, is to not wear purple, black, or blue. It will only serve to remind you of your injury and really, why should you give your furniture anymore power over you?

    D20_1451

    I may have been in pain from the ankle down, but I dressed myself up in the most comfortable off-white cords, ochre-striped shirt, and mustard cardigan. It helped.

    D20_1449

    Wrapped in incredibly soft clothes, sunny and bright despite the unpleasant situation I found myself in, my spirits were lifted some.

    They'll be even better once I can be on my feet and back in my shoes, but until then, I'm pretty much apartment bound.

    I hesitate to use this next word, but let's break this ensemble down...

    From my "30 for 30" List:

    D20_1476

    The belt:

    D20_1449

    The necklace was a find at Ann Taylor Loft, and I highly recommend their pieces. They're pretty affordable and wear very well. There is no tarnishing, and they range from dainty and feminine to bold and expressive.

    There's a bit of something for everyone!

    I do hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend. Stay safe, stay warm, and watch out for those coffee tables...

    They'll get you if you're not careful!

    8 Responses to “
    30 for 30: Day Seven

    High Heeled Life said...

    Great oufit .. hope your toes are doing better!! 10 am - Sunday - Toronto area Canada-HHL

    Farmchick said...

    So sorry to hear about your toes, however I am LOVING the, "30 for30" posts. I have just perused all of them. Marvelous! And, very helpful in giving me some ideas for work! Bravo!

    Lori Ellen @ Kitchen Doesn't Travel said...

    Love the sweater! Sorry about the toes!

    Angeline said...

    Love this outfit--you look so comfy cozy and chic at the same time! Bummer about the toes--furniture is dangerous. :)

    Shannon said...

    BAD coffee table. BAD. <--my mom used to say this whenever inanimate objects "injured" me.
    Hope your foot's feeling better..take comfort in the knowledge that you have some of the most beautiful cardigans I've ever seen!

    toboldlywear.blogspot.com

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    oh no, that is the worst! We haven't had a coffee table since we moved to our new house 1.5 years ago for that reason! Between Husband, myself and Lallie knocking ourselves to pieces, we've been casually avoiding the subject of purchasing a new one.

    Love the outfit, especially that sweater, though I'm afraid that color does not dote well on me due to my fair skin and hair. Tres chic on you though!

    Linda W said...

    That's a great sweater!
    The Auspicious Life

    Kathy said...

    You look fabulous, Beth! I'm so sorry about your toe. I busted my ankle last year and often felt lame saying, "I sprained my ankle." It hurt worse than my knee surgeries! I'm so impressed that you are in a coordinating outfit, even though you aren't leaving the house.