• Slideshow Widget

    A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

    Sunday, November 21, 2010

    Good evening all!

    I hope you've had a nice, relaxing weekend. Ours went by with unusual quickness, but it'll be a short school and work week~it's all good. As usual I have a few things on my mind so I thought I'd share with my "Little Bit of This..." series!

    ~Thanksgiving is only a few days away and we are thrilled to be co-hosting with one of our good friends, Alicia. She's kindly offered her place, which is ideal as she's the only expat with a full sized oven. Can you say lucky girl?

    ~For obvious reasons the Japanese do not celebrate Thanksgiving. So while Eldest has off due to her school being American based, Husband does not. How crazy is that?

    D20_1467

    ~He's taking the day off anyway! Take that Japan!

    ~Our blessing bowl scraps are almost gone. I've had to cut more strips so we could write out more blessings. I find this to be awesome and wonderful!

    ~I still find myself amazed by what my son eats. More than that, I'm amazed by what he won't. Curries, avocado, jambalaya and red beans & rice, corn and tomatoes, balsamic chicken, potatoes, oatmeal and fruit~he'll happily eat all of these. Cheeseburgers, grilled cheeses, waffles...not so much. It seems the stereotypical toddler diet goes out the window with this little scallywag~thank goodness for that! He has a good appetite even if he doesn't always eat huge meals.

    ~I'm perfectly happy if my children don't clean their plates. The foods we serve are more often than not, homemade, and prepared with good, fresh ingredients. Cleaned plate or not, they're taking good things into their bodies. If they're hungry they'll eat, and when they eat, they'll eat until their comfortably full~not ready to burst. They're both learning and seeing the benefits of healthy meals, so I have no issue with letting them have a donut for breakfast or pizza for an occasional dinner.

    ~This chilly weather hasn't gone by unnoticed. I may have been stuck indoors the majority of the week, but the cold as managed to eek into our apartment via the floor to ceiling windows. Naturally this means I had to make our family's favorite cold weather drink mix: Hot Buttered Rum!

    D20_1507

    Eldest was thrilled to come home to find a deliciously hot cup waiting for her in the kitchen~sprinkled with cinnamon, naturally! Recipe to follow.

    ~Husband and I have started to turn our attention to plans post-Tokyo living, and last night was our first serious discussion. In what was the first of what will be many more talks, we have at least decided what direction we'd like to take. One decision down, many, many more to go!

    ~I may have hurt my toe a little more with all the attempts to walk last week. On Friday they were all tingling on the bottom, and my 5th metatarsal (pinkie toe) was aching and stiff. Thankfully this weekend Husband and Eldest have been great helpers in chasing after the scallywag.

    D20_1419

    My foot has needed the rest!

    ~Harry Potter opened last night and we've been bouncing off the walls! Eldest and I are attending a showing next weekend as all theater seats were reserved for this one. We are so excited!!

    ~I'll be returning to my "30 for 30" very soon~the barefoot edition!! Thank you all for not making a big deal of my shoeless self. I know it's different. Here's a sneak peak of what's to come:

    D20_1548

    ~One final thing...this video holds a special announcement...



    She's hilarious! It's too bad the video chose to cut off at that point, but her "Really?!?"'s got very excited! Going home is all Eldest has been talking about ever since. She is so happy~and so are we.

    As one of our friends, John, said, only an expat kid would think any mentioned trip would be to another country.

    A lovely Thanksgiving week to you all!

    4 Responses to “
    A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

    High Heeled Life said...

    Eldest is truly adorable .. the excitementin her voise and eyes spoke volumes!! Glad that your foot is doing better ... loved the mallards on your little scallywag..

    Looking forward to seeing more of your inspirational outfits...xo HHL

    Ruth said...

    I hate your foot isn't feeling any better.
    I love seeing how excited Maddy is about the trip. I can't wait to see y'all.

    love to all

    MARIA said...

    i LOVE her reaction.....great news!!! safe traveling!!! lots of games, toys, and anything really to keep your mind off the long journey!!!!!

    Meredith said...

    CUTE kids! plus, you're so elegant. jealous!