• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays: The 30 for 30 Challenge

    Saturday, November 6, 2010

    So you remember that long term project I mentioned I'm working on? Well, friends, here it is:

    30for30

    I'm thrilled to announce that I, along with many other fabulous bloggers, will be participating in Kendi Everyday's "30 for 30" challenge.

    As you can read in the banner above, it's pretty self-explanatory. Excluding accessories, coats, and jackets as the weather is different from person to person, you choose 30 pieces of clothing~shoes included~turn them into 30 outfits, and for 30 days or more, show the different ways you can mix and match these individual pieces.

    Not only does this help you to see your wardrobe in a different light, it challenges your creativity. For a person like me who has a problem with shopping, this is great. Recycling your everyday clothes and turning them into something new and exciting is a good thing.

    I won't lie, it's been a bit difficult to pin-point which pieces I wanted to use, but starting tomorrow you'll see how I dress, how I put outfits together, and witness my hits and misses along the way.

    This will undoubtedly be fun, and I can't wait to start the "30 for 30" Challenge with y'all!

    So...without further ado...the pieces of clothing I'll be donning for the next 30 or more days.

    Enjoy!

    30for30

    '


    '


    '


    My creation

    My creation

    Be sure to check out Kendi's blog! She's a sweet, fashion-forward girl with loads of insight as to how to dress with the trends.

    I'll see you tomorrow for day one of the challenge!

    7 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays: The 30 for 30 Challenge

    Ruth said...

    I doubt you will have many misses.

    The Southern Lady said...

    I'm kind of hoping to have no misses!

    High Heeled Life said...

    Thank you for your visit ... I'm so glad you stopped by, as now I have another wonderful Blog to follow!

    I read back a few posts... how wonderful to be able to experience another country. Your family is lovely; the Halloween costumes most creative and lemon merigue is one of my favs.

    Can't wait to see what fabulous inspirations you share with us as you make your way through the 30 for 30 challenge .. xo HHL

    LifestyleBohemia said...

    Awesome pieces! I don't think you'll have any problems matching together fun outfits. Cant wait to see them!
    xx

    archives said...

    hello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :)

    Fashion Momma said...

    Yay! Lots of colors and patterns! =) Can't wait to see what you do with your remix pieces! I found your blog via Kendi's remix list and can't wait to follow you through this challenge (and beyond!)... and I totally just Buzz Lightyeared. I'm so awesome.

    <3 Kim

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    Oh, I'm so disappointed I missed this. How fun and truly a way to think creatively as though I am a preppy dresser, I do not have much style. That is one department in which I struggle. I look forward to seeing what you come up with and getting some great tips and ideas. Miss SLPS