• Slideshow Widget

    Dreaming Of A Southern Christmas

    Tuesday, December 14, 2010

    There are a few things I miss and am looking forward to seeing upon our return home this Saturday.

    I miss having a porch where we have the freedom to decorate and hang wreaths.

    Door Wreaths

    Again, I have to thank Martha for her inspiration for last years wreaths. I adore orange and had the best time decorating with our multitude of yuletide pretties!

    Wreath

    Oranges

    Feather

    It will be so nice to see doors and the outside of homes dressed up to the very festive nine's when we're back in the South.

    I miss having a large Christmas tree~even if we do love our sweet table top one.

    D20_1305

    It will be so nice to see trees in all sizes and wild colors as we visit different homes, see friends, and shop!

    I appreciate the efforts of the Japanese to make the holidays a bit more Westernized, but I still haven't been able to find any Christmas clothes for my children.

    Christmas Picture

    D20_1369

    D20_1626

    I suspect we'll find something age appropriate for both and very cute as well once we're back in the South!

    It's been difficult doing crafty projects with the children as often as I'd like this holiday. Tokyo isn't very cheap.

    christmas2008 056

    I'm looking forward to doing the holidays up with many fun treats when we're back home with family and friends!

    We love our new stockings from Pottery Barn,

    D20_1577

    but we do miss the bright ones that lit up our home last year.

    D20_1695

    But it will be so nice to celebrate Christmas with these from MacKenzie~Childs!

    meckenzie

    Colorful, whimsical, and sweet~just like the people of the South.

    I miss the Christmas Tea's Eldest and I shared with my mother at Windsor Court. I grew up attending these teas with ladies from our neighborhood and have many fond memories from them.

    D20_1179

    D20_1119

    D20_1111

    Mother and Daughter

    I cannot wait to be home and have a more intimate tea with my girls!

    Even more, I am so very thankful to have such wonderfully warm memories of our family's Christmastime and traditions. It makes our return home all the more special.

    Here's to making all new ones and enjoying Christmas in our hearts.

    A lovely day to you all!

    3 Responses to “
    Dreaming Of A Southern Christmas

    Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

    Your home is stunning! Oh and I collect MacKenzie Childs ware too! Love love it!

    The Southern Lady said...

    PPC~Thank you so much. There were times I complained it wasn't in the right neighborhood, or it was too big, or some other petty complaint. But looking back with fresh eyes I see how wonderfully fortunate we were to have our home in Charlotte. It was filled with great memories and beautiful moments.

    What MacKenzie-Childs pieces do you collect? It's so good to find another gal with similar interests!

    Ruth said...

    I bet when you make a trip to Oxford Kids company you will find something. I know you will be going there.
    Wishing the clan a safe flight.