• Slideshow Widget

    A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

    Monday, February 21, 2011

    Good evening from Tokyo! I'm about to slip into bed and dive between the pages of a book...an awful way to end the day, right?

    Goodness am I excited! Many things are going on, so I thought it may be time for another round of "A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That".

    Enjoy!

    ~Last week I received my monthly package. That's not a euphemism, so please continue reading. Each month my parents are kind enough to send all of my magazine subscriptions to our apartment in Tokyo. There's an extra thrill to see my "Southern Living", "Martha", and "Garden&Gun" and read them in Tokyo. I really appreciate these little bits of home. My mother often throws in a "Southern Lady" or "Mississippi" magazine, perhaps slipping a newsletter from Ole Miss or Sacred Heart inbetween, adding gifts for the children as well. It's something we all look forward to!

    ~Last week our envelope was filled to the brim with Valentine and Birthday cards. Eldest and I poured over each one, smiling and reading them aloud to the Scallywag. Written on the inside of one particular card was my birthday gift...

    DSC_3178

    High Tea at the Peninsula with my two favorite ladies?

    peninsulahoteltsimshatsui

    Oh my yes!! April cannot come soon enough. Thank you, Mom!

    ~This sweet girl has been branching out with her fashion choices lately. School days call for more casual, refined ensembles, though on Saturday and Sunday she sometimes surprises me.

    DSC_3150

    On a whim she pulled out her trench coat and asked what else would look good. Searching through a pile of scarves we selected this gorgeous navy floral from a Harajuku boutique. Et voila!

    DSC_3147

    My friends, I think we're starting to round that corner.

    ~Young Scallywag finally turned his own corner this past weekend...

    DSC_3131

    and has a new do! Doesn't he look completely scrumptious? You'll completely understand if I take a break now to nibble on those chubby cheeks. So kawaii!!

    ~Last week I went to the 100 Yen store and purchased these light pink dishes~for 50 Yen!

    DSC_3193

    Playful and oh-so-pretty, they're perfect for little things like tea, cookies, and celebrating the blossom festivals in Tokyo.

    DSC_3188

    They so closely resemble cherry blossoms, I believe they'll need to make daily appearances while in bloom this Spring.

    ~The Scallywag woke from his nap today and I could see just how-and what-his sweet little cheeks had been resting on. Can you?

    DSC_3173

    I couldn't believe his fingernails and the folds of skin from his knuckles left imprints on his cheek! How wild. I've never seen such a thing...

    DSC_3170

    ~I'll be guest blogging at Monograms and Margaritas this Friday! I am so excited as it's my first time and Paige's blog is a most delightful read. Y'all need to check it out, then check it back out at the end of the week!

    I hope to see you then!

    8 Responses to “
    A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

    Ruth said...

    How weird that his little hand left that imprint.

    Suburban Princess said...

    Thanks for visiting my blog...I finally have you back in my favourites! I switched computers and lost my faves!

    So did your husband come home with 30 boxes of chocolates?

    Kerri said...

    Good evening from Georgia! Oh my - gorgeous children! Amazing how your daughter emits beauty, intelligence, and confidence - at such a young age!
    How blessed and how wonderful of your Mom to send you the package - loved your pun on that!
    :)Kerri

    Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

    I am surprised that was comfortable. I love your daughter's sense of style! She looks so grown up in that photo.

    Fashion Meets Food said...

    Your daughter is the cutest and chicest.

    xo

    Mrs. Cozy Home said...

    How lovely she looks! I will be remembering that fantastic look for when my own daughter is her age! :)

    Monograms and Margaritas said...

    Your daughter is just too cute! It looks like she's quite the young lady. Your son's cheeks are killing me! Love, love, love them! I've had so much fun reading your blog and I can't wait to see the energy you bring to mine on friday!

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    THose two kiddos are just delightful!! And your daughter's style is much like her mommy's. Beautiful!