• Slideshow Widget

    Beach Bound Belle

    Sunday, March 6, 2011

    In two weeks Eldest will be on her first International spring break~and it couldn't come at a better time. Though yesterday was easily shorts and skirt weather, today we're snowbound. We're ready for warmer days, tired of the bipolar weather patterns, and eager to travel again.

    We're currently planning our trip to Beijing and Hong Kong with family this summer, but couldn't wait that long for a jaunt into another country...

    So we're headed to Guam!

    guam

    A breathtaking island currently enjoying tepid 80 degree days, and balmy nights, I'll give you a little peak into what our family of four will be delighting in!

    guam

    guam1

    guam2

    guam3

    We'll be staying in two beach-front rooms at the Westin that overlook Tumon Bay...

    westinguam

    and it looks like the perfect location!

    I cannot wait to romp around the white sands with the children and splash with them in the ocean. I think Husband is going to enjoy his own vacation away from the accounting world. He has had a heck of a busy season!

    We'll enjoy some of these...

    westinguam1

    relax on the private beach in these...

    westinguam3

    go shopping inland and return to dine here...

    westinguam4

    and spend some time at the hotel swimming here.

    westinguam2

    Did I mention despite it being a Pacific Island there's a K-Mart? Don't mock. Until you've lived abroad, you have no idea how wonderful shopping can be at a western store (filled with numerous basic items we plan to cart back to Tokyo).

    Needless to say, we're all going to enjoy this island get away and return to Tokyo refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to tackle our next big job: figuring out where we're moving to next!

    I'll keep y'all updated on that, but for now I'm going to get back to my sweet boy, my adorable Husband, and work on scones for my darling girl.

    A lovely Monday to you all!

    7 Responses to “
    Beach Bound Belle

    maria said...

    Have a great time, I've heard its beautiful!! and before I read the end I was gonna mention don't forget the kmart, which may feel like an oasis!!!

    Your Southern Peach said...

    Oh wow! Guam sounds like an amazing trip and those photos are breathtaking. I'll work on a little island style for you and see if I can get something up on YSP in the next few days. Thanks for stopping by and for the inspiration :) I'll just live vicariously through you!

    Ruth said...

    I love the pictures. And am so jealous of the beach time y'all are fixing to have.

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    Oh me, oh my....how I wish I was going with you! Those pictures are absolutely singing to me! Have lots of fun!

    Teena in Toronto said...

    It's freezing here today ... brrr!

    I'm here via the Suburban Princess :)

    JMW said...

    Okay, I'm quite jealous. That place looks amazing! You and your family will have an amazing time - soak it all in!

    Kerri said...

    How wonderful!! I can't wait to see it all! :)