• Slideshow Widget

    Beauty In Art

    Monday, March 14, 2011

    Because we cannot escape what's happening in our backyard, but we certainly need a distraction, I'm focusing on everyday beauty in the form of art.

    More specifically the art created by my children.

    Some mornings you'll find my little boy at the table, scribbling furiously away with markers, crayons, maybe chapstick (he's not too choosy about his medium!).

    DSC_3356

    He's gone through a very interesting period of preferring different colors. He's had his Green Period:

    DSC_3387

    His Purple and Pink Period:

    DSC_3405

    His very appropriate Mardi Gras Period:

    DSC_3399

    And now he's embracing the wildness of art itself. Messy, chaotic, unfettered lines and whorls comprise most of his pictures these days.

    DSC_3350

    And they're just brilliant!

    Of course, he loves it when I sit down and we write out numbers as well. Can you tell he's the son of an accountant?

    DSC_3349

    DSC_3349

    The weekends are extra special, though, as Eldest joins him at the table.

    DSC_3359
    Image courtesy of the Scallywag and his ever creative eye!

    They draw together, sitting quietly as "Little Bear" chirps in the background.

    I did not dress them in the same pj's, but I think someone plans their pajamas according to what the other is wearing. Sometimes. I think it's rather sweet.

    Here's to celebrating all those sweet, beautiful moments~planned or not.

    What beautiful things are catching your eye today?

    8 Responses to “
    Beauty In Art

    Ruth said...

    Aunt Ruth might need a piece of artwork

    pve design said...

    I find beauty in art every day and it has provided comfort in many trying times. Wishing you and your family love and beauty in living an artful life.
    pve

    Your Southern Peach said...

    My children's artwork always brings a smile to my face! I'm glad you're doing the same despite uncertainties. Best Wishes!

    Your Southern Peach said...

    My children's artwork always brings a smile to my face! Glad you're doing the same despite all the uncertainties. Best Wishes!

    Casey said...

    Beth - wanted to let you know that you and the family remain in my thoughts. I honestly can't imagine how scary all this is and how you are coping. Glad to see that the children are doing well amid the tragedy. Don't hesitate to let any of us know if there is anything we can do for you guys from far away.

    Ruth said...

    I failed to mention I want to squeeze those sweet cheeks

    paula said...

    quite an artist. I am sure some distraction is much needed right now.

    Kerri said...

    I love these! I read today where a child in GA is selling her PreK drawings to raise money for Japan. Precious little artists! :)
    P.S. Our pjs tend to match over here too...