• Slideshow Widget

    Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

    Monday, February 28, 2011

    Friday evening brought the first great wind from the South. According to the Japanese, this means that Winter is over and Spring is on her way! It was such a neat little fact, for as much as I do enjoy the colder months, I'm ready to step back into dresses and skirts without heavier accoutrement on top.

    However, I too, have a neat little trick for telling when the colder seasons are making way for the warmer ones. Just call me the human barometer. Sunday morning I woke up with a stuffy nose and a sore throat. Allergies, my friends, are always a sure sign that Spring is preparing to make her grand debut.

    In honor of said warmer days, I thought I'd debut this scrumptious, flavor-infused chocolate chip banana bread!

    Banana's always make me think of warmer days, tropical locations, little fruity drinks...

    Chocolate simply makes it that much better.

    I hope y'all will agree!

    DSC_3217

    Chocolate-Chip Banana Bread

    Ingredients

    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup butter (softened)
    1/4 block cream cheese (softened)
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    2 eggs, beaten
    2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
    1/2 bag chocolate chips/chunks


    Directions

    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking dish.

    2.In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Add chocolate chips, folding gently. Stir chocolate-chip banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.

    3.Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let bread cool in dish for 10 minutes, then serve.


    DSC_3266

    Goodness was this easy and delicious.

    I have to thank my friend Cayce. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have felt motivated to crank this recipe out~and it had been sitting in my "to cook" pile for quite a while.

    I have a few other meals in that pile that I'm about to prepare, and I'll be sure to share those with you as well.

    While y'all are waiting, go ahead and give this baby a whirl then tell me what you think!

    3 Responses to “
    Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

    Kerri said...

    I am not a good cook - but I think I may try it! Will let you know :)

    Kathy said...

    This sounds really yummy. I love banana bread, but I've never thought to add chocolate to it. And nice photography on the top pic - blue napkin was a perfect choice.

    Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

    Mmmm that looks delish! I love anything with bananas.

    Are you moving back to the states this summer or just visiting? You mentioned something about being back this summer but I wasn't sure if you were making a permanent move or just an extended family visit down south.