• Slideshow Widget

    Happy Mardi Gras!!

    Monday, March 7, 2011

    Happy Mardi Gras y'all!

    It's so hard being away from the fun, the frivolity, and the rambunctiousness of the crowded Parades, but I've been thrilled...

    to have this on my iPhone,

    mardigrasapp

    to see my sweet children in these shirts (thank you Melissa!!),

    jackson

    DSC_3370

    to delight in this,

    cafedu

    to dance around and sing with these great New Orleans musicians I grew up listening to,

    drjohn

    meters

    to dine on this fun, traditional Mardi Gras evening dinner.

    Canon Feb 030

    It's certainly not the same as being home and shouting: "Throw me something, Mister!!" or grabbing Popeye's with my family while camping out on the Carrollton neutral ground, but we do our part even halfway across the world.

    We'll be there in spirit~and maybe libations~the next 24 hours.

    To all my N'awlins dawlins: a very Happy Mardi Gras and laissez les bon temps rouler!

    One Response to “
    Happy Mardi Gras!!

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    And Happy Mardi Gras to you as well!!!