• Slideshow Widget

    Heading To Hong Kong

    Saturday, March 26, 2011

    And we're off once again!

    HIP_322014601.157189

    Fresh from the island of Guam, our family is off to the chilly city of Hong Kong. Hugh Grant promised to keep me company while flying with Husband and the children.

    HIP_322019846.335697

    Husband has to return to work, and one of his offices is located in the city, so it makes sense for us to head there. We feel better every day about Tokyo and how things are in the city, but we're giving things a little more time to settle down before we feel 100% comfortable bringing the children back.

    Eldest will return to school on April 4th.

    While in Hong Kong, we'll be at the W in Kowloon for a little over a week.

    w

    The children and I are very excited to tour Kowloon. The touring, the shopping, and the dining will continue to distract from the continued news out of Fukashima. Eldest will also begin to work on her homefun (homework) in the evenings as we prepare to return to a more normal schedule.

    Did I mention Husband, Eldest, and myself are getting custom tailored outfits for spring and summer done at Sam's Tailor?

    Husband's suits and shirts have been made there, and he's had nothing but praise for the craftsmanship and professionalism. They are exquisitely made, so I cannot wait to have some of my favorite J. Crew and Kate Spade dresses recreated to my specifications and in beautiful fabrics!

    It's frivolous, but I need a distraction as well.

    This time we've spent together as a family has been precious. It's been quite an extended break from work and school, which is unusual outside of summer. We have relished each and every moment. Can you believe there haven't been any moments of disquietude?

    I'm pretty sure it's because of everything that led to our departure. Being close to something so tremendously tragic, you can't help but be deeply touched. We wish our trips were under different circumstances, but we've loved exploring new countries together and being able to do so safely and with one another.

    We cannot thank you all enough for continuing to think of us. Thank you for covering us, as well as everyone in Japan with your prayers. You all are truly special! I hope you know that.

    See you in Kowloon!

    6 Responses to “
    Heading To Hong Kong

    High Heeled Life said...

    Glad to hear you are safe, the family is together. While in Hong Kong will you being taking the ferry across to Macu? When I was visiting there in the mid 90s .. we had so much fun. The tailoring is unbelievable over there ..and the cost is so affordable .. can't wait o see what beautiful garmets you will have made.

    Stay safe .. in our thougths and prayers..xo HHL

    Suburban Princess said...

    I am happy to hear you are having a good time. Cant wait to see your new clothes!

    Your Southern Peach said...

    Hi there :) I hope you are enjoying your time in Hong Kong, what a lovely city!

    So honored to be of some inspiration for your spring wardrobe! When my husband and I visited Shanghai a few years ago, we also had some clothes made by a tailor and it was such an amazing experience! I've told my husband I'd like to go back just for that alone.

    Promise me that if you get the yellow dress made that you will send me a picture. I'm sure you will look divine in it!

    Enjoy you travels.

    Kate (Southern-Belle-Simple) said...

    I'm so glad you are ok....forgive me for not getting in touch sooner. Thoughts and prayers with you and all the folks dealing with this difficult time. xoxo from TN!

    Kerri said...

    How exciting! :) Can't wait to "see" Hong Kong!~

    Bella Michelle said...

    Continuing to think of you and it is wonderful to hear of positive things for your family in the face of such tragedy. Those moments of family time are so precious and I am glad you have been blessed with them. You will have to do a fashion show post and share your new dresses! (((hugs)))