• Slideshow Widget

    Please Pray

    Wednesday, April 27, 2011

    Good morning everyone.

    I had intended to write about something else this morning, but my heart just wasn't in it. My mind continued to turn to thoughts of home. Like you, I have been stunned and heartbroken by the events of yesterday.

    My heart is so heavy for those in the South. Though we're thousands of miles away, we were watching it all unfold live on the Weather Channel, getting tweets from our friends in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. Facebook kept us updated as well.

    bamatornado1

    I know I mentioned this after the earthquake on March 11th, but more than ever I am thankful for social networking sites. It was the easiest way to put our minds at ease~knowing our friends and family members in those areas were safe.

    Sadly, not everyone can say that. Alabama has been devastated, and loss of life spans several of my beloved southern states. It has been a very rough start to 2011 for many of us, and to ask people to give of themselves can sometimes be a difficult thing.

    bamatornado

    I'm going to anyway.

    Pray. It costs you nothing, but can do so much for those in need. If you could please cover everyone in the South in your prayers, that would be wonderful. Lift them up, keep them in your thoughts.

    Images courtesy of Reuters

    2 Responses to “
    Please Pray

    Sara said...

    so many prayers in my heart right now...

    Ruth said...

    It was scary to see and waiting to find out about teh family.

    love
    R