• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Friday, April 15, 2011

    Tokyo is starting to remain consistently warm~hitting the 70's even! I do declare, Spring may be settling in for good. And you know what that means? It means it's time for all little southern beaus and belles to break out the seersucker, the lightest of cottons, the smocked T's and sleeveless bishop dresses, and John-John's.

    DSC_4476

    Yesterday was just beautiful. The scallywag was thrilled to head outdoors, and I was elated to be able to put him in one of his new smocked shirts and shorts ensembles. And why wouldn't I be?

    DSC_4478

    In a nod to the warmer months ahead, his sweet little shirt had crawfish dancing across the front.

    DSC_4480

    The scallywag was more excited to chatter with the owner of the shoe store behind him than to pose for the pictures. But he was a good sport!

    DSC_4482

    DSC_4475

    It didn't hurt that he had his favorite toy with him: the MTR miniature we picked up in Hong Kong. It tickles me to no end to see the enjoyment he get from this little toy. Is it encoded in a boys DNA to love trains and cars? Because I'm starting to believe it is!

    Thanks to Mom and Daddy for sending several new spring outfits! They will be worn both happily and often.

    Don't y'all forget about the giveaway! It ends next Friday at Midnight US central time. Leave a comment about who inspires you and why to be entered. If they're a blogger, a link to their blog would be wonderful as well.

    A lovely weekend to you all!

    3 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Suburban Princess said...

    So cute!!! Your kids are so photogenic!

    Lori Ellen @ Kitchen Doesn't Travel said...

    Love the Scallywag's Crawfish shirt. He would have fit in perfectly that the Ole Miss Alumni Annual Crawfish Boil in Charlotte yesterday. Wish you guys still lived here!

    Roux In A Wok said...

    Precious. It's Spring here too, well Summer really, but I am embracing it! I will have to send y'all some pea pie clothes!

    And now, for the contest....
    I love the Deep South Dish, she always has something I have just been thinking of and wanting to make, plus her food reminds me of home and inspires me to keep Southern traditions alive no matter where I live.

    Deepsouthdish.com