• Slideshow Widget

    Frivolous And Fabulous

    Tuesday, May 17, 2011

    Good morning all!

    I'm working on a post detailing our red carpet run (yes, run) last night, as well as our thoughts on the premier of "Pirates of the Caribbean". And believe me, we have some! Expect a little something on our night out either tonight or tomorrow morning.

    Right now I need to thank my husband for doing something a little frivolous. Y'all might recall that I mentioned he was out of the country last week? His best friend's mother passed away right before Mother's Day, and as both were very a big part of his life, he returned home to the Mississippi Delta to be there for his friend. It may not have been the best of circumstances, but I'm glad they were able to spend some time together.

    After a few days in the Delta, Husband flew to New York to handle some business and while he was there, texted to ask if I wanted some magazines. This may not seem like a big deal, but believe me it really kind of is.

    We're big re-readers in our Tokyo homestead since new reading material doesn't come along very often. The reason why? The 10 magazines husband brought home cost the equivalent of 3 of the same magazines in Tokyo. Prices here are just ridiculous.

    I haven't had the time yet, but this afternoon while the bebe naps I will be slowly reading through a few of these:

    DSC_4826

    And loving these from June's Real Simple Magazine:

    DSC_4825

    These gorgeous acrylic tumblers by Elizabeth Bauer are a must-have even if you don't have children. The vintage look and the fact that they will not break make them perfect for my household~especially since we're all guilty of having butterfingers at times. Who says cups can't be chic and virtually unbreakable?

    My choice, if I had one, would be the green. If you could choose one, though, which color would you choose? The blue, the fuchsia, the grey? Take a peak at Elizabeth's website and all of her other wonderful products and let me know what you think!

    Elizabeth Bauer Design

    Have a lovely day all, and thank you for stopping by to say hello.

    6 Responses to “
    Frivolous And Fabulous

    Ruth said...

    Those glasses are great. Of course I pick the blue.
    Glad Shannon was able to pick up so many great magazines for you while he was home last week.

    Rambling Girl said...

    Love those glasses and yes so vintage. I would love the purple but I do think I would have to get all of them in each color.

    Oh and anytime you would like some magazine just let me know and I would love to send you some.

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    Oh no! I don't know what I'd do without magazines! Big thanks to your Husband!

    As for the tumblers, love them. I would choose turquoise as that is the color out of those choices that most match my kitchen...

    Have a great day!

    Linda said...

    I have multicolor dishes, based on the primary colors so I can use multicolor glasses--I vote for one of each. These are great glasses--thanx for highlighting.

    Your Southern Peach said...

    Great pics by your husband!!!! I can't imagine being without my favorite magazines. I hoard them in every sense of the word :)

    Thank you so much the sharing those glasses! I love them and can't wait to check out her site. It's hard to pick a favorite but I think I'd go with the blue.

    Have a great day and happy reading!

    Harriet said...

    I loved those glasses too!