• Slideshow Widget

    Guess Who's Attending The Red Carpet Premier For Pirates Of The Caribbean!

    Monday, May 9, 2011

    That would myself and Husband!

    potc1

    How did this fabulous opportunity present itself? Let me answer by first taking you back a few weeks...

    After the earthquake on March 11th, Twitter was one of the ways we were constantly updated as to what was occurring in Tokyo. We followed Time Out Tokyo like a hawk as their fingers are always on the pulse of what's happening within the city.

    Upon our return, I continued to follow Time Out Tokyo. They always gave great suggestions for restaurants, galleries, and places to take your children. Most mornings I'd wake up to see what they were promoting and if it was something we'd like to check out. Sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't, but it was the best online source for what was hot and happening.

    Like I said, fingers on the pulse of the city.

    A few weeks ago on Twitter, Time Out Tokyo began promoting a giveaway for the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. They were offering 3 sets of 2 tickets for the red carpet premier. Whoever won would walk the red carpet with the actors and other Asian celebrities in attendance.

    potc

    Needless to say this would be an enormous event, and as seen by the pages of people signing up via Twitter to win, it would be an exciting one as well!

    I may have mentioned last week that I don't have much luck in contests? It's true. My streak, until last week, has been long and unsuccessful.

    So imagine my shock when I received a personal message from Time Out Tokyo informing me that I was one of the three winners! I think my mouth fell all the way to the floor.

    tot

    It was surreal.

    Husband was equally stunned. He may have joked that it was time for me to buy a lottery ticket. What do y'all think?

    In any case, on Tuesday, May 17th at 6 PM, Husband and I will be strolling down the red carpet at the Roppongi Hills theatre. Along with the other two winners, we'll rub elbows with celebrities and other scallywags, view the film, and tweet throughout the night. Considering the fun that this evening promises to deliver, it's the least we can do!

    I can't help but think this is an extra nice way to wrap up our tour in Japan. Something glamorous and fun~something we'll likely never do again. I have an outfit in mind, so I'll share that soon enough. For now, I'm off to cook dinner and dance a happy dance.

    A lovely evening to you all, mateys. It's time to jig the night away with my little land lubbers!

    7 Responses to “
    Guess Who's Attending The Red Carpet Premier For Pirates Of The Caribbean!

    Suburban Princess said...

    Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations! I cant wait to see your photos!!! You are going to have such a great time!

    Katherine said...

    I can't wait to see what you will wear!

    Casey said...

    Congratulations!

    I had never won anything my whole life until this weekend, I won a Vera Wang crystal bowl. Not as exciting as rubbing elbows with the stars, but still something.

    Glad we were both lucky, and I can't wait to see you all dolled up for the premiere - and see who you meet!

    JMW said...

    Congrats - how fun! The movie looks great. Johnny and Penelope make a good pair. :)

    Kerri said...

    I am SO BEYOND JEALOUS!!! Oh my goodness - I am SO EXCITED for you!!! I canNOT wait to see the pictures!!! Congratulations!!! I can't quit using exclamation points!!!

    Ruth said...

    How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    Lori Ellen @ Kitchen Doesn't Travel said...

    How fun and awesome!! Sounds like the perfect excuse to get a fabulous new outfit to me!! Yeah for you!!