• Slideshow Widget

    Poor Bebe

    Wednesday, May 18, 2011

    Good morning all. I have a moment as my arms are no longer full. Someone is finally asleep.

    DSC_4839

    My son has a horrible cough. A chest-heaving, sleep-depriving, red-cheek inducing cough. He's been miserable for the past 36 hours and my heart just aches for him. It makes me sad to see him so uncomfortable.

    DSC_4829

    We've never had to deal with a cough before, and as it's new territory, I'm treating it as I would a cold: plenty of fluids, steam-showers 2-3 times a day, a cool mist humidifier in his room when he sleeps.

    It seems to help.

    He's definitely fussier than normal, and what makes things worse it that he's determined to do his normal activities. He wants to run and play and sing and jump. But his little body is so tired and this horrible cough wears him out further. I love him for trying to push through his discomfort, but it makes this all the more unfortunate.

    DSC_4832

    There's been little time to do much else other than hold him the past day and a half. He seems most comfortable when being held. He'll stumble over to me, arms up, and whimper,"I need a hug." Needless to say everything else has fallen by the wayside and it may be a few more days until I return to anything in full.

    I want to see my little scallywag happy, giggly, and back in full-health~especially since Eldest's final soccer tournament is tomorrow. But I don't think it will happen that quickly.

    Would you keep both children in your thoughts? It's going to be one of those weekends that don't play out quite the way we want them to, so prayers for understanding and patience would be appreciated.

    A lovely weekend to you all. And as always, thank you for stopping by to say hello.

    13 Responses to “
    Poor Bebe

    Ally Garner said...

    Awww, poor thing :( Praying the little one gets better soon & best of luck to the eldest at her tournament!

    Linda said...

    There seems to be a lot of that going around--would perhaps be croup in an infant. With a toddler is more just dealing with a miserable,
    sick kid. Jennifer and Eliz both have had sick little boys with very nasty coughs and have spent several nights sitting up in a steam-filled bathroom. Hope he is much better very soon.

    Anonymous said...

    Has he been checked for whooping cough?

    The Southern Lady said...

    Ally~Thank you so much! He's just so pitiful right now. I know he's headed towards recovery, though. And thank you for the well-wishes for Eldest. I'll be sure to let her know.

    Mrs. Linda~ I'm so sorry Ben and Brennan are sick, too! How odd is it that our 3 boys are under the weather with similar things? Maybe it's allergies, I don't know. I only hope they all recover soon. Thank you for the well-wishes.

    Anonymous~Thankfully it's not a whooping cough. More than likely the chest congestion/cough has been brought on by allergies, but thank you for your concern! It's so kind of you.

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    Ah, poor baby. That one little picture with the single tear...breaks my heart. Yes, we've been there LOTS! Lallie had infant asthma, so we spent the first three years of her life battling this constantly and it always breaks your heart. Hang in there, both of you! You'll be in my thoughts!

    JMW said...

    Awww, poor little guy! It's so tough with your kiddos are sick. Best of luck to your daughter in her tournament (my daughter's final game of the season is tomorrow, too - yea!!). And here's hoping your little guy is feeling better soon. :)

    Suburban Princess said...

    Oh no! Poor little thing! That tiny tear :O( Breaks my heart!

    If I lived closer I would come and watch him so you can go to the tourney.

    Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

    Aw- look at that sad face! Sending y'all prayers and well-wishes this weekend.

    Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

    Aw- look at that sad face! Sending y'all prayers and well-wishes this weekend.

    Your Southern said...

    Oh I hope your little guy is feeling better today! We are very prone to getting these chest colds in our house (croup three times last year!) and I totally empathize with how you are feeling.

    Best to you all,

    Amy

    Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

    Oh no!! I hope he feels better soon. Sending prayers he is better very soon!

    AMINTA said...

    My best wishes for your baby!!... Hope he get well soon :D

    Kisses from Spain
    Aminta

    Wildmama said...

    Beautiful sunset, WOW!