• Slideshow Widget

    Red Carpet Ready

    Monday, May 16, 2011

    Tonight's the night!

    This evening is the date-night that almost didn't happen~the night Husband and I will walk along the red carpet at the TOHO Theatre in Roppongi and attend the "Pirates of the Caribbean" screening.

    It's still incredible that we'll be there doing something so out of our ordinary. There's been a thrill of anticipation in the air all day and it continues to grow with each passing hour.

    Thank you to Time Out Tokyo for the tickets, and a very special thanks to our sweet friend, Lea, for kindly offering to watch the children. Tonight I may have been walking solo if not for her. I'm so glad Husband and I will be able do this together!

    I cannot wait to get glammed up this evening. It's not an opportunity either my self or husband have every day, so I decided to have fun with it!

    Maybe some of you are curious as to what one might wear to a movie premier with such fun overtones. I'd love to share my thoughts with you as this has been running through my mind for a while now!

    First: The Perfect Dress

    I knew what I wanted to wear immediately...

    brdress

    I grabbed this black silk dress with pencil skirt rather impetuously at Banana Republic a few years back. I'd never worn it, but knew its day would come. I liked it that much. The skirt is short, the style tailored, but the white accents as well as fit make the dress fun and flirty~perfect for a Pirate's premier.

    Second: The Perfect Shoes

    Pirates Premier Shoe


    Every little black dress should have a pair of little black shoes to go along with it. These Nine West wedges with peep-toes will allow brightly polished nails to shine, legs to be showcased, and as it's predicted to be raining, stability and comfort for the evening ahead.

    Third: The Perfect Clutch

    Pirates Premiere Bags


    Without a doubt the one thing a gal should have on hand when walking the red carpet in the evening~besides an amazing date~is the perfect clutch. Any other bag will be to chunky and awkward. A clutch should add to your overall ensemble, and I wanted to add some color to mine. Believe me, though, it was very hard finding this perfect clutch in Tokyo. They were either too expensive or too plain. There didn't seem to be any middle ground until I hit Don Quixote's on Saturday and found a gorgeous champagne colored bejeweled clutch. The price was right, as was the size for holding the tickets and a few other items. Best of all it would add a subtle shade of something different to my outfit.

    Four: A Touch of Gold

    Pirates Premier Jewelry


    Could you honestly attend a premier for "Pirates of the Caribbean" without having some subtle humor in your red carpet wear? A nice spot of gold~in earrings, bracelets, necklaces, or rings~offers a nod to the subjects of the films as well as everyones favorite characters. Hoops may be cliche, but when done right, they can also be stunning.

    And stunning is what I'm hoping this evening will turn out to be!

    Friends, I am so excited about tonight and cannot wait to share what happens with you all. Thank you for offering your encouragement and well-wishes.

    Stay tuned and I'll be back with treasures of my own to share!

    6 Responses to “
    Red Carpet Ready

    I'maNolaGirl said...

    I love the dress and the shoes! I think a gold clutch and a pair of the gold earrings you featured would look fabulous!

    Ruth said...

    I love the dress. I can't wait to see it all put together.

    love ya,
    R

    Ally Garner said...

    What a thrill! Y'all are gonna have a fabulous time. And that dress is so beautiful. Can't wait to read all about your night!

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    Can't wait to see you all dolled up! Have fun!!

    maria said...

    can't wait to see pictures, have a great time!!!!

    Suburban Princess said...

    Gorgeous!!!! You are going to be a knockout on the red carpet!

    Dont forget all the advice I gave you! Get the card of the inside photog!

    And just go enjoy! I know things in the US are weighing on you but you doing anything less than enjoying your life isnt going to change anything anywhere in the world so chin up, boobs out, tummy in....knock 'em dead!