• Slideshow Widget

    Sunrises and Sunset Parmigiana

    Thursday, May 26, 2011

    Good morning all.

    Thank you for your kind words and prayers for the children last week. I cannot tell you how much they meant to us. You'll be happy to know that Eldest completed her final soccer tournament for the year with a great attitude, and after one extraordinarily bad day, the wee one bounced back with amazing speed.

    The power of prayer never ceases to amaze me.

    Something else amazes me as well. Would you like to know what it is?

    DSC_4898

    Sunsets over Tokyo.

    To me they're akin to snowflakes~never identical, always tinged with different hues and cloud shapes. In the warmer months the skies are colored with rich, almost violent primary shades, while in the cooler months they're dripping with icy purples and pinks.

    It's true that since we live in a large metropolis we don't see the stars, but there are never a shortage of breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. With a very active two-year old I'm sometimes awake for both, and the views from our apartment make it completely worth those early morning hours.

    The above picture was taken Monday evening.

    Watching the sun sink into the horizon set the tone for dinner that evening, and as we listened to Dr. John croon about "Gris-Gris Gumbo Ya Ya" we put together a delicious meal that echoed the reds and yellows of the evening sky.

    The recpie I used was The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parmigiana, but as I was inspired to prepare it after viewing the sunset, that evening we called it Sunset Parmigiana.

    First came the homemade red sauce~

    DSC_4881

    which is never complete with out a little red wine both in said sauce as well as a glass.

    DSC_4876

    After the sauce simmered for a good 30 minutes, we popped the breaded chicken into the pan,

    DSC_4885

    topped it with cheese,

    DSC_4886

    allowed it to melt beautifully,

    DSC_4887

    then plated our delicious chicken and sauce atop fresh pasta.

    DSC_4892

    To say that we enjoyed this savory dish would be an understatement.

    DSC_4900

    But you don't have to take my word for it. Feel free to ask the 11 year old who went back for seconds!

    A lovely weekend to you all. May you all find inspiration wherever you go.

    Thanks for stopping by to say hello!

    4 Responses to “
    Sunrises and Sunset Parmigiana

    Kerri said...

    Good evening from Georgia!
    My home internet has been down and I have been unable to comment from the blackberry. Tonight I am catching up! I love the sunset - simply breathtaking! I share your heartbreak at the recent natural tragedies/disasters. The tornado damage near us has been unimaginable. It seems this year is just a rough one for weather. I bet your Dad will stay busy working more than he would like.
    I am praying right along with you for all of these concerns and for your family as well. Can't wait to hear and see more about Pirates! I am dying to go!

    Anonymous said...

    wow, I will absolutely be trying your delicious chicken parm recipe......my mouth is watering now!!! thanks for the inspiration!

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    That sounds SO yummy! And that sky, absolutely stunning!

    Suburban Princess said...

    Oh my! That looks delicious!!

    I am happy to hear everyone is back to normal and happy again!

    I hope you have a faboo weekend! Tho I think it's already almost half over for you :O(