• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Saturday, August 6, 2011

    Nothing seems to evoke that feeling of summertime survival more than a neighborhood lemonade stand.

    DSC_6425

    Our lovely neighbor, Sophie, and her friend Mary, were kind enough to knock on our door and ask if we needed some sweet relief from the heat. Pink lemonade anyone?

    Four cups, please!

    Our family was happy to help bolster their entrepreneurial spirit, and on a personal level, it was really nice to meet the young daughter of my parents friend. Sophie was so sweet, and it was good to walk with her to her stand and help her carry the cups back.

    From their carefully worded poster that promised happiness in every cup, to watching them pour the icy drinks, Sophie and Mary's lemonade stand brought me back to happy, simpler childhood days. You know the time: when you could ride your bike past dark, come and go as you pleased, and everyone knew everyone. One little lemonade stand brought back quite a few memories.

    And it was good to see children just being children~even if it was sweltering.

    It's just one more thing I love about being home in the South.

    Have y'all seen any good lemonade stands recently?

    4 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays

    AtlYankeeBelle said...

    kids in our old neighborhood had them all the time. Im gonna drive over there tomorrow with a few bucks and see if I cant get a glass!

    Suburban Princess said...

    I havnt seen one since I was little! Tho I have heard kids do them at garage sales around here.

    Ruth said...

    I wish the kids in my neighborhood would do one so I could buy some. And I never did do one myself.

    Kerri said...

    I LOVE the "you can get happy" tag line - perfect! I have actually seen a lemonade stand recently - in my living room! Brodie wanted to have one and I would not let him go out in the heat, much less our dangerous street (speeders galore). He called customers to stop by - my family. :)