• Slideshow Widget

    Primary Colors: Red

    Thursday, September 29, 2011

    With the scallywag now in school, his teachers spend time reinforcing the things they already know, and teaching them things that are new.

    One particular subject they're reinforcing are colors. They've begun to separate them into the categories of Primary & Secondary, building their daily lessons around the color chosen for that particular week.

    DSC_7174

    Tuesday marked the first Primary Color Day. They celebrated red by making applesauce with the apples they brought in the week before. My bebe missed Tuesday as he had a pretty nasty cough and I didn't want him to spread it or worse, for it to become exacerbated.

    But today he made his happy return to school!

    As requested by his teachers, he was dressed in the color of the week,

    DSC_7173

    and carried a little bag of red picture cut-outs for an art project in school.

    DSC_7170

    He loved using scissors, but I really had to distract him once we were done removing the pictures. He did not want to stop. But I didn't want to demolish any more magazines.

    Thank goodness for the help of big sisters!

    Friends, I am off for the day. Eldest has the day off, we're picking up the scallywag for lunch, then we're home for naps and relaxation.

    Tomorrow you should definitely come back! I'm hosting my very first sponsored giveaway and I think every single one of you will want to join in.

    A lovely day to you all...

    2 Responses to “
    Primary Colors: Red

    Ally Garner said...

    Red is my favorite color & the scallywag looks adorable in his red sailboat Jon Jon. Sounds like a fun day!

    Ruth said...

    What a fun way to get the kiddos to learn more about colors.