• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Saturday, September 17, 2011

    Good morning all!

    I'd like to thank each and every one of you who have continued to offer supportive and encouraging words as my son begins school. It is so nice to read the words of those who can understand, or who simply want to raise our spirits. You're all so wonderfully kind!

    This morning we're sad as Husband is going out of town for a little over a week. We're going to miss him so much!

    But we're going to keep busy.

    thousand oaks

    There's a large art festival in Thousand Oaks this weekend we're attending and we'll visit our local Halloween shop to see the life-sized monster masques. Seeing as this is L.A., you know they go all out for anything involving costumes! We'll have a fun movie afternoon tomorrow as well. There's nothing better than snuggling up with your children and some sinfully delicious nibbles.

    How about them apples?

    And how about these?

    DSC_6916

    Much as I love smothering the scallywag's cheeks with kisses, the apple I really want to talk about is my little guy's first piece of art from school.

    DSC_6915

    To you it may look like red splatters across an apple-shaped cut-out, but to me it's a masterpiece. It's a sign of happily acclimating to a new situation. He has jumped into school with both feet and is loving it! I'm so happy for him. He's done well taking instructions from his teachers, and gets along very well with his classmates.

    Dare I say he's even looking forward to returning this Tuesday?

    Fingers crossed, he'll do just as well next week! We may set up a get together or two with his classmates after church tomorrow morning. The donut socials afterwards always set the perfect tone for playdate discussions. With children bouncing around on sugar is it any wondery why?

    My best to you all this weekend. Enjoy your moments of rest and all the fun times inbetween.

    Toodles!

    3 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Ally Garner said...

    Awww, that is one cute apple! I bet he's having a blast in preschool. Sounds like y'all have a fun weekend planned.

    Ruth said...

    I love the apple!!! I hope you had fun yesterday.
    Go Bears!!!

    Kerri @OhMann! said...

    Adorable art! Definitely a framer :)