• Slideshow Widget

    Under Construction

    Wednesday, September 28, 2011

    As y'all can see, the blog is undergoing a little face lift. It's been three years, so I'd say it's about time. I'm doing it myself, so please bear with me!

    And if anyone can help me figure out how to get the background to fit the entire page, I'd love some advice. Thank you!

    Thank you for your patience, and enjoy the new & improved Southern Blossoms!

    7 Responses to “
    Under Construction

    Ruth said...

    I can't wait to see the finished product. And give me tips please.

    Katie said...

    Looking good so far! I like the orange and grey!

    Ally Garner said...

    If you;re using a TCBOTB template rather than their backgrounds, you'll want to go to your blogger dashboard, then Design, then Edit Layout. There you will find an HTML/Java Script bar directly under your header.

    You will want to remove that code. That should fix the wonky appearance. But Elizabeth, be sure to copy that code & paste it in a word document for safe keeping. Just until you see that the blog template design is fixed the way you want it.

    Also the girls at TCBOTB are really great about helping to fix & troubleshoot any of their templates & backgrounds.

    Good luck - it looks fabulous so far! I love the header, especially!

    The Southern Lady said...

    Ruth, thanks so much! I'm working at a snail's pace due to time and lack of know-how. But as soon as I figure out a few more things, I'll be happy to share!

    The Southern Lady said...

    Thanks so much, Katie! I was hoping to find a grey & green, but this'll do until I figure out how to make a header of my very own. The orange is very seasonal, though, and I do love it.

    The Southern Lady said...

    Thank you so much Ally! It was your darling blog that prompted me to check out TCBOTB.

    I'm using a background, and I suspect that it has to do with the new template designer from Blogger as to why it won't extend all the way up. I read on the blog how if you reverted to plain minima all issues would be resolved~and they were~but I don't like minima. I like the layout of my blog with everything centered.

    I'm going to continue to play around and see if I can figure it out, but in the mean time I will give those lovely ladies a ring. They are such great advice givers!

    Ally Garner said...

    Oh that makes complete sense. I'm sorry I wasn't much help, but I'm sure the Ladies will get back to you asap. And thanks for the compliment :) They make the cutest templates for blogs! Best of luck - can't wait to see the finished product!