• Slideshow Widget

    Fur Anyone?

    Tuesday, October 25, 2011

    With chilly mornings, brisk days, and even colder evenings, my mind is constantly turning to thoughts of sumptuous fabrics and warm furs.

    In Los Angeles, something full-length would be borderline silly as the climate is often temperate. But we do have very crisp days ahead and something shorter would be perfect for running about.

    katespadenewyorkvictoriafauxfurpulloeverjacket

    As always, Kate Spade nailed the elegance and youthful vibe that a properly designed fur can bring to an outfit. The Victoria Faux Fur Pullover Jacket not only has a playfullness to it, but as it's faux, keeping with the times and sensitivities of others.

    Faux can be beautiful, don't you think?

    Of course, as a mother it wouldn't be practical for me to wear something like this (let alone spend the $845 for it). Instead I opted for something smaller, but still stylish. Something that can be worn both dressed up or down.

    The fur vest.

    My creation

    There are so many choices today: real and faux, pricey and affordable, simple and ornate, fitted and full. There's a little bit of something for everyone, and that's fantastic. Because what gal doesn't want to add a little bit of glitz and glam to their ensemble every now and then?

    I happen to have two and let me tell you, they provide great warmth and panache to what may otherwise be a simple go-to outfit. One is small and fitted, the other, full and plush. Both can be worn with pants or dresses and skirts, and as the season is in full swing, I cannot tell you how excited I was to pull them to the front of my closet.

    I know this is not for everyone, and it doesn't have to be. But what if you want a touch of luxe added to your home rather than your person? My favorite solution for the colder months is a fur throw.

    furthrow

    Jackie used them in all of her homes. And if we're to acknowledge her as the timeless style icon she's been declared, then we also have to acknowledge that she was onto something!

    furthrow1

    Our Zanzibar throw came from Z Gallerie, which means it's affordable and still very stylish. It's very plush, very soft, and after using it for three years in various rooms, I can verify that it hasn't lost any of its warming abilities or "fur". It's in the same condition as it was when I first ordered it.

    Goodness! With all this talk of fur and colder weather I am in need of a serious cup of coffee...or three.

    With Autumn here to stay and Winter steadily approaching, what do you do to usher it in style-wise? I'd love to know, so please feel free to share.

    A lovely day to you all.

    4 Responses to “
    Fur Anyone?

    Kerri @OhMann! said...

    I am with you - as long as it is faux hypo-allegenic fur, that is! ;)

    Ruth said...

    I love the idea but don't know if I would ever do it. Nanny has two furs and eventually I will get one. Go figure she rarely has ever worn them.

    The Southern Lady said...

    Kerri, I love a good faux fur, too. My mother has a gorgeous full-length black diamond mink, but I just couldn't imagine wearing it anywhere. It's so pretty, but something I think I'd cherish for the memories more than anything else.

    The Southern Lady said...

    Ruth, I'm not even a little surprised that Nanny has furs. I'll make you a deal, when you wear one, I will wear one, too.