• Slideshow Widget

    Happy Halloween

    Monday, October 31, 2011

    Happy Halloween, y'all!

    DSC_7311

    I love this piece of art the scallywag and his class put together for today's festive celebrations.

    Last week the scallywag had a Halloween Party and Parade and I thought I'd share some sweet pictures from that "treat" of a day.

    DSC_7333

    He was going to go as Wilson from "Chuggington", but decided he didn't like the costume at the last minute. Thank goodness for his Japanese Yukata, or day robe. People thought it was a darling outfit and imagined him to be a Samurai!

    DSC_7289

    We went with that. I was just happy to see him comfortable in his Halloween gear.

    My creation

    Since being sick he's had a hard time readjusting to school and comfort has been key.

    DSC_7281

    Thankfully he really enjoys the company of his friends and had a good time with them at the party and in the parade.

    DSC_7302

    DSC_7297

    DSC_7317

    DSC_7325

    DSC_7321

    At the end of the day, my son was exhausted. It had been a very exciting day, almost too much. So he was happy that I was right there to take him home when all was done.

    DSC_7330

    He told everyone Happy Halloween, grabbed my hand, and started his holiday a little early with some very sweet treats from some of his friends.

    DSC_7345

    It's now several days later, and it looks like his cold is almost passed. Hallelujah! This means we'll be able to go Trick or Treating with some neighbors and new friends this evening.

    I'm so happy about this. But I'm also happy that my sweet Mother is here with us for the next month! She arrived last night and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have her with us in California.

    Friends, whatever your plans with friends and family, have a hauntingly good time this evening. Have fun, be safe, and be sure to enjoy a healthy handful of both tricks and treats.

    I'll see you in November!

    3 Responses to “
    Happy Halloween

    Ally Garner said...

    Aww, the scallywag makes an adorable Samurai! And his classmate, the little Minnie Mouse in her red & white polka dot dress, is a cutie. How fun! I remember Halloween parades when I was a kid at Charlotte Country Day. We used to march around lower campus in our costumes & trick or treat with the parents.

    So glad J is feeling better and delighted to hear your Mom's is visiting for the month. I know the kids must be thrilled! Hope you all have a safe & fun Halloween!

    Ruth said...

    I love the costume and hopes he wears the real one tonight. Enjoy the time with your mother. Please send her my love.

    Kerri @OhMann! said...

    These are adorable! I am so happy he is feeling better. Enjoy your visit with your MOM! :)