• Slideshow Widget

    Primary Colors: Blue

    Saturday, October 22, 2011

    Little Boy Blue...he just doesn't know what to do.

    bluebaby4

    This weeks color at the scallywag's school was very appropriate, as my son has been under the weather and just blue as can be. Don't let these pictures fool you.

    bluebaby3

    He made it to school on Thursday, and he was happy to play and participate, but the rest of the week he was puny. My heart just hurts for him when he's so uncomfortable.

    bluebaby1

    Can you see how tired he looked? I almost didn't send him to school, but he was fever free, didn't have any other symptoms. He seemed to be right as rain.

    Well, friends, you know how deceptive that calm before the storm can be.

    He probably slept all of three hours last night due to a terrible cough and stuffy nose. Can you guess who spent most of their night in bed with him to keep him calm and comforted?

    bluebaby2

    His favorite method of soothing is to hold my hand over his heart. He likes the contact, and thankfully, it settles him down so he can fall asleep.

    I know we all complain about lack of sleep when our children are sick, but I try to have a little perspective on the situation. Yes, I've lost a few hours of sleep. But I'm still healthy. I can go through my day without sneezing, coughing, or feeling as if the mother of all monster trucks just ran me over.

    My son, not so much.

    This week was hard not only because he was sick, but because he missed out on three very fun scheduled activities at school: the petting zoo, the pumpkin patch visit, and yesterday's class playdate~which I organized.

    He was so sad when he learned he would miss these things. But parent after parent emailed to wish him well and his friends helped pick out a special wee pumpkin just for him. He just adores his baby pumpkin.

    We're going to be very low-key over the next couple of day so he can enjoy all the Halloween festivities at school next week. We don't want him to miss out on anything else, so I'm not taking any chances.

    Enjoy your weekend, friends, and take care of yourselves!

    My best to you all...

    4 Responses to “
    Primary Colors: Blue

    Ally Garner said...

    "His favorite method of soothing is to hold my hand over his heart."

    Aww, that is so precious. I'm so sorry the little scallywag has been so sick and missed out on such fun trips with his class.

    Wishing all of the Quons a happy, healthy, recuperating weekend!

    Ruth said...

    I hate Jaxs was sick this week. But he does look good in Aunt Ruth's favorite color

    Your Southern Peach said...

    I hope you all get feeling better soon! I certainly can empathize with you as our family has encountered the stomach virus, croup and on going colds the entire month of October! (Myself included)

    There's certainly nothing better than a mother't touch to make everything all better. Feel better soon Scallywag! :)

    ~Amy

    Kerri @OhMann! said...

    Bless his little sweet heart! Hope he is feeling better now. Sorry you had to miss the fun activities, too. :(