• Slideshow Widget

    Secondary Colors: Orange

    Thursday, October 13, 2011

    Friends, it has been such a busy week, I barely remembered to get pictures of my little boy in his orange for school.

    lahouse4

    Thank you iPhone!

    Needless to say, I think y'all can tell what color they were focusing on for the week.

    lahouse5

    Isn't this the cutest t-shirt? It's from Darby's Honey Bee Tee line, and I can't say enough great things about it. It's very soft against my little boy's skin, the orange is still vibrant after several washes, and the owls dressed in Halloween garb is so appropriate.

    He loves it. And he loves school even more!

    I'm happy to report that he's gotten back into his grove this week. He even brought home several pieces of art. They are just so sweet!

    Today he brought home a large piece of white paper covered in orange paint. He told me it was a pumpkin.

    orange

    Do you see it? I sure do. The masterpieces of a three-year old are interpretive abstract art at it's finest. You have to love it.

    The scallywag certainly did. He had streaks of orange paint on his face, his John-John, and his sock was completely wet! But that was due to a completely different art project (Footprint ghosts! How footastically spooky!).

    With all of these pieces of art coming home, I've been considering the best way to store them without creating a mess. My husband has begged me to stop getting file folders for the smaller ones, so his hat will be tipped to Pinterest for this inspired idea.


    One savvy mom had the answer to this eternal question: How can I keep all of my child's artwork without creating clutter?

    Why not create a photo book of all their wonderful creations? It's a brilliant soloution, and not only does it allow you to "keep" every single piece of art preserved for a lifetime, but it does so in a very stylish way.

    Kaye went through Shutterfly to create her son's art book, and it is just stunning. If you click on the picture above it will take you to a page with the link to her blog. You'll be so glad you stopped by to visit.

    I know I am. These sweet memories created by my son will be kept safe and sound for a very long time. So even though he's growing so fast and won't always be so small, flipping through a book filled with his works of art will always bring me back to these wonderful days.

    I cannot wait to get started!

    Have a lovely evening everyone, and please don't forget to enter to win 100 custom designed post cards through UPrinting.com. The contest ends tomorrow at noon, so leave your name and email address if you're interested.

    Toodles, all!

    3 Responses to “
    Secondary Colors: Orange

    Your Southern Peach said...

    Adore this idea SO much!!!

    No to just make it happen :) Thanks for a wonderful, wonderful idea. I can see myself knee deep in art work in another two years.

    Luckily, I have it contained to one "under the bed" plastic box right now :)

    Kerri @OhMann! said...

    Excellent idea! I had heard of taking photos of the art, but hadn't thought of using a photo book! PERFECT!! :)

    Ruth said...

    very good idea. I love that shirt