• Slideshow Widget

    Girls Day Out

    Monday, November 7, 2011

    Last Saturday Mother and I decided to take Eldest to the outdoor outlet mall in Camarillo. Our mission was to find some stylish, but fun boots. It was a gorgeous day: sunny and chilly~perfect for spending the day sidewalk shopping.

    DSC_7481

    Husband offered to watch bebe, which opened up our shopping time exponentially.

    DSC_7485

    And with a few sweet~and humorous~pictures to note the day, we sped north towards fun and a well-needed girls day out.

    DSC_7487

    It took us no time at all to find Eldest her boots~two new pairs of tall Uggs. While I'm not a fan, and believe me, I have tried as it is the boot everyone wears in California, they looked so good on her!

    girlsdayout6

    girlsdayout5

    Saturday marked the day when I had to re-examine my thoughts on Uggs and admit that sometimes they really do work. My sister-in-law swears by them and looks cute in them to boot (excuse the pun), so perhaps it was time to change my tune.

    It was also the day I noticed how much my daughter has started to enjoy clothes shopping.

    We've been anticipating this day for years, but it really snuck up on us. For ages Eldest could have cared less about shopping. She was content to let me pick out her clothes and arrange them. But this past weekend, we flitted from store to store, watching her try on jewelry, pull out the shirts and scarves that she wanted to hold up against her person, and watched her happily dance around when she found a hat she favored.

    girlsdayout

    It was such delightful fun!

    We concluded our day out with an impromptu meal at Johnny Rockets.

    girlsdayout4

    With Elvis, the Shirelles, and Frankie Valli crooning as we dined on Patty Melts and sipped black forest milkshakes, we relished being taken back to a simpler, and sometimes more innocent era.

    girlsdayout1

    girlsdayout2

    Of course, no trip back to the sixties and seventies would be complete without a little dancing! Our waitress and her co-workers shuffled along to every Donna Summer song. Clapping and spinning, they put on quite a performance.



    We were so tickled!

    girlsdayout3

    Eldest had to have her picture taken with our waitress after all the fanfare. It is L.A., after all, and you never know when you'll see a show put on! It's rather fun, and as it was on Saturday, a wonderful way to cap off our day together.

    Today marks a return to schedules and bedtimes, but we're looking forward to all the afternoons and weekend we still have to spend together.

    It's sure to be a wonderful time!

    Happy Monday to you all...

    6 Responses to “
    Girls Day Out

    Ruth said...

    What a fun day. It is hard to believe how much Maddy has grown up. I am still not sold on Uggs but they do look good on her.

    The Southern Lady said...

    It really was fun, Ruth! When yo come we'll have our own girls day out in Camarillo. Seeing pictures from these past two posts have really made me realize how much Madeline has grown. It's both thrilling and terrifying. My sweet girl is so grown up! Love you...

    Kerri @OhMann! said...

    I always love your food and drink pictures!!
    How fun that you can all go shopping now and have those special girl days! :)
    PS - No Uggs for me either. The bottom seems soooo flat.

    Your Southern Peach said...

    I think we are kindred spirits because I too am not a fan of Uggs. However, I do think they are cute on some other people. The other shoe craze I will never fall victim to is Crocs. :)

    Glad y'all had a great girls day. They are good for the soul.

    Beth said...

    I want a pair of Uggs and a bite of that patty melt! Looks like a fun day of shopping!

    Ally Garner said...

    Eldest could wear a burlap sack & still look like a supermodel. That girl of yours is beautiful. And I love her Uggs!!

    I haven't been to a Johnny Rockets in years. What a fun eatery!