• Slideshow Widget

    Mad For Plaid

    Tuesday, November 8, 2011

    As the sight of plaids in the Fall always make my heart flutter, it's clear that my Catholic school girl days still hold a very fond place in my heart.

    plaidorange

    To me, plaid evokes a feeling of warmth and security, style and timeless grace. It also reminds me of picnics in the park with your family, cozying up beside a fire with your loved one, and snuggling up with a good book.

    plaidblack

    There's a school of thought that plaid must be associated with stodgy and stuffy. It must be uncomfortable. But to me, the colder months are never quite the same without a healthy dash of plaid. And I've seen plenty of stylish ways to express your love for these interwoven stripes!

    plaidgreen

    What do you think? Are you mad for plaid as well?

    4 Responses to “
    Mad For Plaid

    JMW said...

    I adore plaid - Catholic school engrained it in me as well. :) Great options you have featured here.

    Maja said...

    I love plaid, especially red plaid.
    I own one red plaid skirt which I'd wear every day if I was so inclined.

    I get plenty of light-hearted teasing about it from my friends, who say I look like a conservative little schoolgirl.

    I take their comments as a sign that I hit the nail on the stylehead =)

    Ally Garner said...

    Oh those are beautiful! I still remember my plaid kilt skirt I wore in elementary school with the big, shiny silver pin. I just bought a plaid skirt from Talbots that I'm dying to wear.

    Ans I've been thinking of decorating the house this Christmas with a tartan plaid. I just love that classic look!

    Excellent choices Elizabeth!

    Ruth said...

    Plaid is fun in the right dose