• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays: The Scallywag's Room

    Saturday, November 19, 2011

    You may recall a post I did about the things I wanted to do for the scallywag's bedroom once we moved into our home. They were grand ideas surrounded by colors, patterns, furniture, and accessories.

    jacksonsbedding

    Some have come into fruition, others have changed, others still we'll have to wait for. As always, the tricky part of making your visions come to life is when your imagination meets your reality. I don't know about you, but my last name isn't Rockefeller. Making things happen within our home sometimes involves saving, compromising, or improvising. Sometimes it's all three.

    Let me give you an example. The turquoise blanket I'd envisioned for my son's bed? The price tag was ridiculous. The color may have been beautiful, but the quality certainly wasn't worth the price. It took a little looking, but a perfectly good substitute was discovered at Home Goods. The turquoise blanket changed to an embroidered navy coverlet from Ralph Lauren.

    navyquilt

    We love it!

    I can also reveal that a big item I wanted for his room is on the way.

    yachtstripegreen&white

    This was also a great deal that involved a good bit of research and waiting.

    Dash & Albert's Yacht Stripe Cotton Rug in green & white has been a favorite for ages. It's perfect for growing with my little guy, the rug is an indoor/outdoor which means it's incredibly durable, and the colors are just so crisp.

    I was just having a problem getting over the price tag.

    But after searching high and low for over a month, I located it on Layla Grace, a website that offers free shipping, and after adding a 15% discount code the price was knocked down quite a bit.

    Oh happy day! Good deals make this mama want to dance. Do you see how adorable this rug is? Placed on dark hardwoods with the new color scheme in the scallywag's room it will look fantastic!

    yachtstripegreen&white1

    I'll show you pictures once it's in next week, for now, though, why don't y'all join me in a little boogie with a cup of cheer? Good deals always make me extra happy and I just have to share that joy with all of you.

    Happy weekend everyone! I hope y'all enjoy a little joy of your own as well.

    3 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays: The Scallywag's Room

    Beth said...

    I am in the planning stages of switching Libby's room over to a "big girl" room. So I totally understand the brainstorming and searching for the best deals. I think it will be after Christmas, but I'm ready to see all the ideas come together. Good luck to you!

    The Southern Lady said...

    Enjoy the search as you transform sweet Libby's room! Isn't it fun to brainstorm and create a special space for yor child? I bet she has ideas of her own as well. Is there anything inparticular you're trying to do? I'd love to hear all about it.

    Ruth said...

    I can't wait to see how it all turns out.