• Slideshow Widget

    Pictures from Christmas Cards Past

    Monday, December 12, 2011

    It's difficult to get your children to sit still for pictures...especially when one of them is three. I'm sympathetic to this, but as we live away from family I like to try and capture that shining moment of brotherly/sisterly love on film for our Christmas cards.

    It's just one picture. One picture from the entire year.

    nikon 0310

    In the past I've gotten some really sweet ones, others that are undeniably cute.

    Christmas Picture

    But there are a lot of in-betweens. Most of the time the Scallywag is looking somewhere else, or talking, or messing with his sister. Sometimes Eldest blinks right when we take the picture. Either way, the picture taking experience for our Christmas cards isn't necessarily fun.

    This year I finally asked myself why on Earth I was compounding to the stress of the holidays.

    To make things simple this year I decided to take a different route for our pictures. Instead of trying to get the children to sit together and pose, I thought I'd use pictures we already had.

    DSC_7841

    It's been the easiest Christmas card ever. And with both pictures already on my computer, it's made making a Christmas card that much easier.

    No complaints, no fuss, everyone is happy. See the bebe above?

    Happy, happy, happy!

    My Christmastime suddenly feels much merrier and bright!

    A lovely, wintry morning to you all...

    5 Responses to “
    Pictures from Christmas Cards Past

    Bink said...

    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. :) Adore you, sweet lady!

    Ruth said...

    I can't wait to get mine

    Your Southern Peach said...

    So precious! I know Christmas cards can turn to stressful very quickly so I'm glad this year was a snap for you!

    Merry Christmas!

    Kerri @OhMann! said...

    You are SO right!! Smart Mama and beautiful pictures!! :)

    Julie said...

    If any one has earned a low stress, relaxing holiday it's you! Enjoy the season and have lots of fun!