• Slideshow Widget

    Ciao Bella!

    Wednesday, January 25, 2012

    During the summer I spent a good three weeks in Italy with my college choir, I experienced bliss in many forms: culture, landscape, architecture, shopping, language, music, food... and, oh yes, meeting my Husband.

    Never mind the fact that we'd been in choir together for the better part of a year. It was Italy that brought us together (as well as a well-timed gondola ride or two).

    Japan brought us even closer as we were thousands of miles from family and friends.

    Now what do Japan, Italy, and our new home of California have in common?

    My continued explorations into the many flavors of gelato.

    ciaobella1

    The best by far was in Italy. You cannot possibly get a more authentic cone of gelato. And in case you're wondering, yes, it really is best to enjoy it while wandering the ancient streets of Venice with your beau!

    Or future beau...

    Years after visiting Italy, I found Ciao Bella in the freezer selection at our local Tokyo supermarket. Intrigued by the flavor selection, I found myself enjoying it now and again, appreciating the little tastes of the past that were recalled with each bite.

    Fast forward a year later and though it's January, California is preparing for a heat wave. It will hit about 80 degrees, and I for one cannot think of a better way to enjoy this "hot" weather than to indulge in a pint of my new flavor of gelato from Ciao Bella: Key Lime Graham Cracker.

    ciaobella

    Good Lord, y'all...run, don't walk, to your local market to grab this treat. It's creamy, a little tart, and when that graham cracker hits your palate you will explode with happiness.

    Explode.

    Of course, only give this particular pint a whirl if you enjoy a good slice of Key Lime Pie. If you don't, try their S'mores gelato, the blood orange, the mint chip, matcha...you really cannot go wrong.

    And if the flavors aren't enough to convince you, the vivid, and beautifully simple design of their containers will certainly draw you in to investigate a little further.

    So go ahead and try something a little different. You'll be very glad you did.

    Ciao!

    5 Responses to “
    Ciao Bella!

    daphne {flip flops and pearls} said...

    I have never tried gelato!! My husband loves it....now I must find some today :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

    No run...the Key Lime Graham Cracker is AMAZING! xx

    The Southern Lady said...

    Good morning Daphne!

    I strongly encourage you to give gelato a try. You'll really enjoy it. Maybe you and the hubs can go out on a taste testing gelato date! Have a lovely day sweet girl...

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    Ally Garner said...

    My hubby is Italian and my first taste of gelato was on our honeymoon on Italy's Amalfi Coast. Ice cream is good, but it doesn't hold a candle to gelato. And Ciao Bella is our fave at home brand. Haven't had the Key Lime flavor yet, but rest assured I'll hunt for it the next time I head to Harris Teeter! Have you had their Pistachio? It's pretty popular in the Garner household.

    Ruth said...

    That sounds wonderful. Put that on your shopping list for September.